Friday, January 30, 2009

Trials

I have been sitting at the computer looking at a blank screen not knowing what to write but feeling so much. It seems like a lot of people that I care about have been going through heart breaking trials recently. Trials that I have no clue how I could ever get through. One friend is watching her husband battle cancer with 3 small children at home and another friend just lost her baby this week. The list goes on of friends that are overcoming enormous trials. These woman are brave and strong and a huge example to me. My friend Tifani that lost her baby said, "Mothers and Fathers . . . hold your babies tight. Treasure the joy they bring." It was only 3 short years ago that Tag and I tried to prepare ourselves to lose Lily and quite frankly I don't know how I would have gotten through it if she didn't make it. How often do I treasure the joy my children bring me. Not enough. I have been in tears recently over some of the other trials I have seen close friends suffer through. I am reminded to count my blessings. I don't mean to be a downer on my blog. I'm just moved by some of the incredible women I know and the faith that they have shown. I know that many of the family and friends we have that read our blog are not of our faith. I have always wanted our blog to be a place where everyone feels very comfortable. My friends and family mean everything to me and it doesn't matter to me what religion they/ you are. It means more than you know that so many of you check our blog and I hope you will continue to do so. I don't push my religion on anyone. However, because it is my blog and because I know that my friends and family love me regardless of what church I attend, I feel it is very appropriate at this time to say a few things that I am feeling. This is a rare moment for me, I just feel like I need to share some of my feelings. I am so grateful to my loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me with two incredible children. I love my husband who is a constant strength to me and our kids. He is always helping me better myself. I am so grateful for the gospel. I know that there is no way I could have made it through the trials we faced with Lily (and all of our other trials) without prayer and the relationship I have with my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the endless blessings that Tag and I receive everyday just by being around our children. As I rocked Harrison to sleep tonight I felt a glimpse of what Heavenly Father feels for all of us. I know that he loves me and I know that he loves all of his children more than we can comprehend. Tears filled my eyes as I watched my new baby boy sleeping in my arms tonight. I have never felt more love in my heart than the love I have for my children. I am so grateful to God for the countless blessings he continues to bestow upon me and Tag. There you have it. I don't say things like that often, but when I do I mean it. To all of my friends who are struggling through tough times I want you all to know that you are in my constant prayers.

9 wonderful comments:

Pahua Fam said...

Very touching Tracy, share all that you want whenever you want. I was at a Bachelorette party the other night(actually for Lauren Harwick..remember her?.she is getting married next weeked) Anyway, she was handing out little buttons for each person to pin on and my button said "Lucky" Something so silly brought tears to my eyes because that is exactly how I feel..LUCKY!

Mad Hadder said...

Thanks Tracy.

Shelly said...

Oops, the above comment was supposed to be from me. I was accidentally signed in for my mom, doing some blog maintenance for her. Love ya, Shell

Tifani said...

Thank you. You are such a sweetie.

The Ball Family said...

Tracy, thank you for sharing all of your thoughts and feelings. I know how it feels to look at your child and be overwhelmed with emotion. It is also touching to see your testimony. Things can get tough for any of us. We need to remember where we should turn for help and guidance.

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Thank you for sharing, what a nice blog! I will keep coming back for more.

Crafty Momma said...

I love you so much tracy!! this is why you are such an example to me! Whenever I think if I am being too hard on Delia, I stop and wonder "what would tracy do?" lol I can't imagine going through difficult trials that involve our children! My heart aches for Tifani! I thank heavenly father everyday for Delia, everyday! she means more to me than I ever imagined. It takes such strong people to have these trials. I wish I could talk to you everyday. Its so hard having both my closest friends so far away and I regret not coming to visit you as often as I should have! thank you for sharing your feelings.

Jennifer Groves said...

Thank you Tracy, you have said what I have been feeling in my heart for the past several weeks. It's usually difficult for me to express the thoughts and feelings I have going on inside so that people will understand. You have a gift for it. I too am grateful for the strong women I know (including you) who are such examples to me.

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony:) I think we all need to be reminded sometimes to just be grateful for what we have! You need to listen to the new Darius Rucker song that I have on my blog! Whenever I am having a stressful day with the baby and the constant fussing, I just listen to that song and it puts it all in perspective! HUGS! ~Kel