Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Authentic Thai Food

My good friend Net invited me over to her house yesterday for some incredible Thai food. She had also invited some of her Thai friends over too. I already knew one of them, Keow. She has a daughter named Savannah that Lily likes to play with. Anyway, it was so much fun watching them cook. Since I am clueless about authentic Thai food and would have just been in the way, I got to sit back and watch them work. I bet you can imagine how wonderful her house smelled! Net's son, Ty, is one of Lily's favorite friends and loved getting to see him. They had such a fun time. I always think it's a fun time when there is food, especially if Net was the cook :) Thanks Net we had a great time! I brought my camera with me hoping to get some great pictures. I started taking lots of fun pictures and realized about half way through the afternoon that I was using the wrong setting and hadn't adjusted my lens correctly. It was bound to happen, but that's how I'm going to learn. The first picture is funny because Lily is enjoying the Thai food and Savannah (who is Thai) is enjoying her favorite dish, spaghetti and meatballs. We all got a kick out of that.


3 wonderful comments:

Jen and Mark said...

I LOVE when othe people do the cooking! So much more enjoyable! It looks like you had a great Christmas too! You kids are so dang cute and look so old! We miss you guys!

Pahua Fam said...

Yummy, sounds good! I am feeling so much better and I am at the point now where I just want to eat everything.
Question for you: Is Lily in preschool? Cameron is only 2.5 but I have to put her on a waiting list in order to get her into the school I like for September enrollment..she will be 3 by then.
???

Catherine said...

Mmmm, sounds so yummy! Why don't you invite her over to your house to cook one day and I will just happen to stop by! I'm so jealous of your camera, I so want to get into that!