I had a very nice Christmas this year. My wonderful husband surprised me with a few things. On Christmas Eve he sent me and my mom to get massages and then manicures and pedicures. I thought that was my big present because being pampered like that is a rarity. Only because I have a hard time spending a lot of money on my toenails and fingernails. It was so fun to be pampered! My mom and I had the best time. My big unexpected surprise was a new camera. Not just any camera, the Nikon D80. Tag and I feel strongly about having a hobby that you can do all by yourself, something to let your creative juices flow. Tag's has become woodworking and I must say he is pretty darn good, he's definitely a natural. I have loved photography since I was a little girl. One of my favorite classes in school was photography when I got to learn how to develop film in a dark room. We were planning on getting me a nice camera, but not for awhile. Anyway, I was shocked to open my new camera on Christmas Eve and I can't wait to learn how to use it. The manual is a little overwhelming. This is definitely much different from your regular point and shoot. I imagine it is going to take me awhile before I get the hang of it. I'm really excited! I have a friend who is a photographer and she is going to be staying with us in a few weeks. She uses the the Nikon D80 and will hopefully teach me a few things. While sitting outside of the post office the other day waiting for my mom to mail some packages, I decided to play around with my new camera. Lily is such a good sport and a complete goof ball! I also love that I was able to get a picture of Lily in the air while she was using her new jump rope that Santa brought. I could never get a good action shot on my last camera. The rest of the pictures I am just posting because my mom made a request for more pictures.
6 months ago

3 wonderful comments:
Hi Tracy, I love the Christmas update and all the pictures. Congrats on the D80. Jared has the D80 and it overwhelms me, so good luck figureing it out....the pictures Jared has taken so far look amazing compared to my point and shoot.....have fun! You should post some of Tag's woodworking. I didn't know he could do that....cool. Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas and your tree made it!
That sounds like so much fun! You are going to have a blast with your new camera - your pictures look good.
Awesome pics Tracy!! She is so cute! I'll call you soon so we can talk photography!
Post a Comment