Tuesday, August 18, 2009

These are the posts that I hate writing. Many of you probably remember that Lily came down with RSV this last winter and that it effected her heart. She just had another check up and we were hoping that the those problems would cease to exist, unfortunately things have gotten worse. I don't want to spend a great deal of time explaining it, I'm still at the stage that it's hard to talk about. The doctors are definitely concerned about Lily's current heart issues and a little puzzled by them. One of the doctors said that Lily isn't in immediate danger, however her future is unclear. I'm sorry I know I'm being kind of vague, but everything is still spinning around in my head. Here are 2 facts: #1. Lily has a bad heart. #2 Lily is a fighter. There is still a chance that Lily's heart will go back to functioning normally, and in that case she has a great chance at living a long and healthy life. There is also a chance that her heart will continue to do crazy things that puzzle brilliant doctors, but they will find a way to fix it and she will have a great chance at living a long and healthy life. Then there is the chance that her heart will continue to have problems and well I don't even think I can write the outcome of that. I can't for one second imagine my life without Lily. Yesterday was a sad day for our little family. However, we have overcome worse obstacles and I know we can beat this. I am confident that it will all work out. I would really appreciate it if you could remember Lily in your thoughts and prayers. She's a good kid and she deserves to live a happy, healthy life.

Lily has made me realize so many things about living life. You can't spend time dwelling on the negative, you have to look at the positive. There are so many things that you can complain about, but why complain. It only makes you more miserable and the people around you miserable. Spending time with family is one of the best ways to spend our time. My kids and my husband mean everything to me and I would rather spend a night just hanging out at home with them then anywhere else. Who cares if I have dirty dishes in the sink. I will get to them eventually, I would rather play with Lily and Harrison. Although I must say I have been working on trying to get the dishes done and it's getting better. If Lily helps me then we get to do it together and it's kind of fun. She loves to help me clean. One of the most important things I have learned is that I can't take the time I have with my kids for granted. This time is so precious. When they wake up in the middle of the night I want to be there to comfort them. When they fall and get hurt I want to be the one to make it feel better. When they are having a great time, I want to be there having a great time with them. I want to be there to make sure that they are being taught good lessons, and what I mean is the good and the bad. You throw toys down the stairs, "So Sad", you lose your toys. Most important, I want my kids to know how much they are loved and how important they are to me and Tag. I hope that Lily knows that all of her thoughts and feelings are so important to me. We are trying so hard to raise good kids and if at the end of the day they feel loved then that is good enough for me. I realize how blessed I am. I have two incredible children and a wonderful husband who loves me. I don't know what the future holds for my kids, but I know that we have today and each day that I'm given with them is a blessing.

Lily is about to turn 4, and each birthday we take a special treat to the hospital. We made over 6 dozen cookies and brought them to the hospital for the staff working both in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and the Heart Institute.



Karrie had Lily run the halls to get her heart rate up. Lily loves any excuse to run around. And she got to do it with her shirt off!





I am so grateful for the Denver Children's Hospital. We have received such incredible care. We really love Karrie and the doctors who are all so invested in Lily. They have made our hard times a little easier to get through.

13 wonderful comments:

BradandMelanie said...

We will keep your family in our prayers. Little Lily is such a sweetheart and she is lucky to have you for a mom~you are good to stay strong and keep positive :)

Crafty Momma said...

I am in tears right now!! Lily is such a great and special child with a wonderful mother whom I admire a great deal! My prayers will definately go out to lily and hopefully her condition will get better. I just can't imagine what you go through with Lily's heart condition because it is something that is always going to be there. I am grateful for Delia everyday and can't imagine life without her. If she had a condition like lily's I don't know I would be a completely sane person. I know that you were meant for lily and she has been such a blessing to everyone that has come in contact with her! Keeping pushing forward and know that I love you both!

jaredelizabeth said...

TRACEY! You are always so happy and positive that I would never have guessed you guys were going through anything like this. I'll keep Lily in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Everyone that knows you guys knows how loved Lily is and she is definitely a fighter. I hope the Doctors figure this out soon.

p.s. Mason just saw all the pictures of Lily and asked if it was time to go to the party yet. I told him four more days and he about started to cry and he said it was taking too long. Anyway, we are coming and very excited about it.

netcampbell said...

Tracy, Please let Lilly know that we LOVE her so much. I'm glad that she has you as a mother. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I really feel like I need to do better.

Megan and Eric Barnhurst said...

I'm so sorry you all have this trial to endure. Unanswered questions are definitely the hardest to deal with, but I know your faith is strong and that you will accept whatever Heavenly Father's will is for Lily and her life. Miracles do happen and I will pray for Lily's heart! You are so positive and I know you will all be fine. Love from Grand Junction!

Jen and Mark said...

That post broke my heart! We will keep Lily in our thoughts and prayers! How stinking cute our both your kids! They are so lucky to have you two as parents.

Ali Richardson said...

SO sorry Tracy, it's so scary! I think the uncertainty is the scariest part. But, like you said, focus on today...the fun...the joy...the love. She is such a smart, beautiful, amazing little girl and your love for her is so obvious to all of us who have ever been around you. She is just as lucky to have you as you are to have her. We are sending you all of our love and prayers from CA and will continue to think the good thoughts. We love you!!!!

The Wanbergs said...

We will certainly keep Lily in our prayers. I am so impressed with your positivity. I know whenever life reminds me of how limited I am, I turn to prayer. Miracles happen. Lily is already a testament to that. She is such a sweet little thing. I really appreciate all that you wrote. There are so many things that can take our focus away from our children, and childhood fleets away so quickly. Why would we ever waste a moment?

Unknown said...

Tracy, I am so sorry to hear about the news regarding Lily. But as you said, she is a fighter. She is such a strong little girl and I know that she will get past this. You, Tag, Lily and Harrison will be in my thoughts and prayers. You are such an incredible mother. Continue to love those babies with all your heart and enjoy each day to its fullest. I miss you and love you tons. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. XOXO

tracie said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family and children. Like Elizabeth said, I would never guess anything wrong and by that last picture Lily seems to be a champ and a fighter. Sending good thoughts your way...

Jessica said...

Oh Tracy, I had no idea this was going on! I am so sorry to hear about this hiccup, which is all it is going to be. Lily truly is such a special girl. Thanks for your words on being a parent, it's so true what you said about it going so fast and needed to eat up every moment! We're praying for you.

Pahua Fam said...

I didn't think that my birthday would end up with my crying. I wish I would have read the blog last night, then I could have wished for a healthy heart for Lily when I blew out my candle tonight. :) She is such a sweet girl and we send our thoughts and prayers your way. You are so strong, I admire your strength! Thank you for your words that encourage me to be a better parent and cherish my kids even more than I already do.

Kelly said...

Lily is in our daily prayers! Your children are beautiful and I think you are such an amazing mom:) Keep us posted on how she's doing! Lots of love! xoxo