Saturday, August 15, 2009

Start 'em young

Sometimes I think Lily would take great pleasure in living on a farm. Today when I was cleaning out the car, she came out and asked how she could help. Unfortunately, I was just finishing up so I felt bad that I didn't have any work for her. She continued on her search to be productive and found her dad in the backyard. He gave her a job and she proved to be proficient at yard work. Yes, that is a skull tattoo on her arm, we don't raise sissy kids around here! No, she got it a a pirate birthday party earlier today.
First, you have to get your garbage ready.

Next, you scoop up the dead grass and carefully place it in the bag.




Be careful not to get caught sitting on the job!

Then, when your area is cleared, pick up your bag and find a new place to start again.

This is one hard working girl!

Harrison on the other hand has been having a rough day. Another tooth cut through and he is running a very mild fever. I thought maybe he would cheer up with a little bit of sunshine. He just cried and didn't want the grass to touch him, he usually loves grass. Poor little guy. That is our very lush garden in the back. We have tons of watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers and squash growing.

3 wonderful comments:

Ali Richardson said...

She looks SO cute doing yard work! What's even cuter is her mis-buttoned shirt.I bet she did that all by herself (I love this age). SO CUTE!!

Meredith said...

Your kids are so darling! I love the one of Harrison with his leg held above the grass.

Pahua Fam said...

What a great helper. Harrison looks SO much like Lily in the last picture! I hope we are neighbors soon... :)