Well, it finally happened. After 2 years of a lot of close calls, Lily has a fat lip. Lily's friend Paul came over to play tonight and I was reading to them "The Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett. They were playing on one of Lily's chairs and eating gold fish crackers. Then Lily fell and hit her face on the side of the dresser. I dropped the book and taking a quick glance at her face swooped her up in my arms. She buried her face into my chest and cried, but didn't seem to be injured. She started crying for daddy so she left my arms in search for him and sometime from the moment she left me to the moment she got to him (about 5 seconds) her mouth was FILLED with blood and her lip was swelling. I started freaking out! Now, you would think that because I have seen her a lot worse, only open heart surgery, that I would be more collected in moments like this. Nope. Tag, had to turn his attention away from Lily to calm me down. I'm such a good mom. Suffice it to say that I was more traumatized from the accident than Lily. You can see the faded blood on her pajamas. Also, poor girl needs a haircut.
6 months ago

3 wonderful comments:
Ohhh....she needs a grandma hug and a gingerbread house and a cup of hot cocoa by the fire and lots of cuddling and bedtime stories in Idaho...ohhhhh....She has lots of hair!! Would Lily like to be in charge of Mugsy's before breakfast treat? I swear if he were a woman he'd be hitting the chocolate before sunrise!
Poor Lil'! Poor Tracy! Charlie says, "Its okay, Cousin Lily."
She's such a trooper! Paul says to feel better soon too.
Post a Comment