Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Dinner

We had Raclette, Fondue and a yummy blackberry drink for our Christmas dinner and I must say that it was by far the best meal I have had in a long time (excluding Thanksgiving dinner). I'm told that raclette means small scraper in French although it is a Swiss dish. You have a grill that you can cook anything you want, for example, steak, fish, chicken, pork, and vegetables. Below the grill there is a place for you to melt the cheese of your choice (there is a raclette cheese). Then you scrape the cheese over the food that you have grilled and enjoy. My favorite combination was Brie cheese over potatoes and shrimp. It had been years since I have had raclette so I really enjoyed having it on Christmas.


2 wonderful comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

Wow, makes me hungry. Fancy, Fancy! I think I'm going to gain another 50 holiday pounds just looking at people's blogs...so much good food.

Ryan & Keri said...

Your dinner makes me so hungry! Our friend's dad served in France, and he ordered one of those things from Switzerland actually. We got to eat that a couple of months ago. But we didn't have shrimp. That looks delicious!!! It sounds like you had a really fun holiday! I love snow-mobiling! Did you get to stop in Logan and visit the Griffiths? We hope you had fun. Take care!