Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waiting it out . . .

Harrison started getting really sick last night. We had such a rough night. In the morning I got a very strong feeling that I needed to take him to the doctor. The doctor said she is pretty sure it's either Croup or RSV. He has symptoms of both, but his oxygen levels were okay. She said because it's so early, if it is RSV it hasn't affected his oxygen levels yet. She said we will know either way in the next 24 hours. Harrison sounds awful and looks awful. I feel so bad for him. I really don't want it to be RSV and I guess because of how bad he already sounds, his doctor was pretty sure that he would need to be hospitalized if it is RSV. We are in for a really long night!

3 wonderful comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Oh no, poor little guy!!! Hang in there, my thoughts are with you. Give him a squeeze for me.
xo - Ali

Season said...

Not fun! I'm sorry he's sick! I hope he gets well very, very soon!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you caught whatever it is early. So glad you "felt" what you needed to "feel" and took him in.