Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our trip to the hospital.

To make a long story short we ended up at the hospital last night. They wanted Harrison to stay all night so that they could monitor him. He did awesome. The doctor told me this morning that he thinks Harrison is doing remarkably well. He didn't need any oxygen at all. Any time his levels dipped he came right back up in a few seconds all by himself :) The doctor seemed surprised and told me that all their rooms are full with babies Harrison's age that all have RSV and need oxygen. Apparently, this is a bad year for RSV in Denver. They sent us home after about 13 hours. Harrison is still really sick and I was told will be contagious for about 2 more weeks. They said the worst part of RSV is usually between the 3rd and 5th day, since he is doing so well without oxygen on his 5th day they don't see any reason why he would need to be hospitalized! YIPPEE!! Now to just catch up on some sleep (I didn't get a lot of sleep in the hospital's very comfortable recliner). Oh, I did think it was really funny when a nurse came by to see him and said, "Wow, are they sure he doesn't have Croup?"

Harrison picked the perfect time to find his feet!


A lot of people have asked me about Lily. I was told last night that she wouldn't get more than a cold even though Harrison is contagious. Lily is older, bigger and stronger than Harrison so it won't affect her the way it does him. One of Harrison's nurses last night used to work in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Children's Hospital. She worked there the same time Lily had heart surgery. We didn't recognize each other, but it was fun to talk about all the same people we know. I always love talking about Lily's heart with people who understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, thanks everyone for keeping Harrison in your thoughts and prayers. He is doing great and I have no doubt he will recover quickly without any more problems.

6 wonderful comments:

Pahua Fam said...

Bummed to hear that he went to the hospital but so happy to hear that he is doing much better. Thinking of you, H

The Girly Girls said...

So sad, sick Harrison. I'm glad he is doing well, despite it all. I hope he continues to recover. I think it is a big year for RSV everywhere. I've heard of lots of babies with it. Have a good few weeks of staying at home in your pjs!

Ryan & Keri said...

Tracy, I'm so sorry. RSV is NOT fun! We've been there and done the hospitalization thing a couple of times. The terrible part is looking at those darling pictures of him. How can this little bundle of sweetness feel so yucky! It's so sad, but I'm glad you can at least take him home, even if you are quarentined (is this how I spell it?) for a while. Hang in there. We will pray for you guys.

Freddy and Mandy said...

I'm so happy to hear that Harrison is OK. It's always a scary thing when anything sends your baby to the hospital! Miss you, love you!

Marlise said...

I'm glad he's doing better. The picture of him is so sweet. I hope you are able to get some sleep!!! We love you!

Crafty Momma said...

Goodness..poor little guy!! That's horrible! Glad to hear he is doing well. I sure hope Delia doesn't ever get sick enough to go to the hospital..our insurance sucks!! RSV is such a scary thing and in some cases can leave permanant, but not threatening damage! I hope he wan't affected too much by it!