First, I 'll start by saying that Harrison had a really good night. He continued to cough, but he slept pretty well. Tag and I don't usually let the kids sleep with us, unless of course they are sick. When they are sick Tag will usually sleep on the couch and I will sleep with the sick kid. There's no sense in both of us being up all night. I can always catch up on sleep during the day. Tag works so hard during the day it would be silly to make him go to work tired. Anyway, I have to say, I hate when my kids are sick, but I do love how cuddly they are. Even though I was super worried about Harrison last night I loved having him next to me. I was up all night watching him and watching the funniest infomercials. I have come to believe that there is usually only trash on in the middle of the night or silly infomercials. If I wasn't so tired I just might have bought a ton of stuff. I also ate close to an entire box of crackers trying to keep myself awake. Harrison turned pale and blue only once and it was at about 8 a.m. I checked his tongue to see if it was also blue and it was. He was still breathing, but I called the doctor anyway. He has been laughing and smiling, so I want to keep him home as long as possible. His color seems to come back right away. It only lasts for a short time and like I said before he never seems to stop breathing. The doctor and I agree that as long as he seems to be fighting it well from home we should keep him here. As soon as things go south we will take him to the hospital. So, any of you parents out there who have had kids with RSV, I would love to hear your advice! Thanks Tag for making me breakfast in bed this morning! You're the best!
6 months ago

3 wonderful comments:
Mason had RSV at exactly the same age as Harrison. We were hospitalized immediately, but the big thing was keeping him fed cause he didn't want to eat since he couldn't breath....so watch how much he is eating and make sure he is staying hydrated...use the suction thingy a lot to help him breath. If you do get hospitalized.....(yes it sucks) BUT, don't worry cause it's almost nicer not to have to worry about their oxygen levels since they are on a monitor all the time and you can sleep a little easier knowing that the monitor will wake you up if he dips. Plus, they have all the cool tools there to keep all the suction out of their nose....it works WAY better than the bulb thingy. So, yes it sucks to be in the hospital, but you have help there, so I hope he doesn't have to go, but try not to stress about it if he does. Good luck and I hope he gets better fast!
Thanks Liz! If he does get hospitalized I can definitely see how I would sleep a lot better! That is starting to sound really nice!
oh man, caring for a sick kid is so stressful, and a sick baby is even worse! you have all my sympathy and prayers for a qucik recovery. Try to get some sleep in there somewhere!
Post a Comment