Thursday, March 27, 2008

gDiapers

Have you heard of the new gDiaper? Well, it's an eco-friendly diaper that you can flush down the toilet. Did you know that 50 million disposable diapers are taken to the landfill DAILY! Then, they sit there for about 500 years. I just read that interesting fact on the gDiaper site. To make sure it was true I did a little more research and that statistic is right on. Up until now the only other solution has been cloth diapers. I admire women who use cloth diapers, but it definitely wasn't for me. The new gDiaper looks incredible. It is a little bit more expensive than regular diapers, but I thought I would pass along the information to those of you who are interested in doing things to help our environment. I think this is a great idea! You can check out the site at www.gdiapers.com and find out all about it. They even have videos to show you how to properly dispose of the diaper. It's really easy. The gdiaper also comes in a variety of really cute colors.

6 wonderful comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Very interesting. I checked out the site and I like the idea for sure! If you decide to use them with baby #2, let me know how they work in every day life. I don't mean to be skeptical, but I always wonder if things like this are actually as easy and convenient as they seem in their advertising. As I'm sure you know, life on the go with a little one can get pretty crazy, so it will be interesting to see if they really are as easy to use as they say they are. I really do want to help save this planet, so this may be a good place to start.
Xo - Ali

Crafty Momma said...

I was just reading about it in my parents magazine yesterday and they were showing the pro and cons to all the different diapers on the market now. I liked this new diaper, but the only cons to it were that it takes it little bit more time to change them(which I'm sure just takes some getting use to) and that the removable pads may clog your toilet and that could be a problem for people who don't have very good plumming/water pressure(like in Florida, California and some other places)It will be interesting to see how they really work, but I do think they are a good idea!!

The Allens said...

I heard about those on the Today show I think. They sound interesting and it would be nice to know that I wasn't filling up the landfills with my kids dirty diapers. But disposables are so easy...I also admire those who use cloth diapers, like my mom did. Yuck!

Jessica said...

These look interesting. My only concern is how good they work at preventing leaks... but according to their site, even if you just throw them away it's way better than using disposables.
I think the only way I'd ever do cloth diapers would be if I had a service like my cousin. She pays a monthly fee and they take her dirty diapers and wash them and bring her clean ones once a week.
It's a great idea... maybe we'll try it!

Pahua Fam said...

My sister had a nanny when she had my nephew Alex so she used cloth diapers but with her second child without a nanny the Huggies took over. If I can't do my part to save the planet in the diapers category then I will find other ways. Thanks for the info!
PS- The dinner recipe blogs that you have on your blog are awesome. Mike has loved all the recipes I have tried so far. :) Has Lily tried the spaghetti tan yet? lol

Pahua Fam said...

My sister had a nanny when she had my nephew Alex so she used cloth diapers but with her second child without a nanny the Huggies took over. If I can't do my part to save the planet in the diapers category then I will find other ways. Thanks for the info!
PS- The dinner recipe blogs that you have on your blog are awesome. Mike has loved all the recipes I have tried so far. :) Has Lily tried the spaghetti tan yet? lol