Before bed Lily went into the nursery which is in a total disarray of Lily's old baby stuff and maternity clothes. She looked around and then we had this conversation:
Lily: Baby coming to the new house??
Me: Yes, a baby is going to come to the new house.
Lily: (with hands clasped around mouth, calls out) Baby, where are you?
Me: The baby is in my tummy and my tummy is going to get really big. Then the baby will come out.
Lily: Lifts up my shirt and tries to look into my belly button to see the baby.
Lily: Baby is ready to come out.
Me: (laughing because I could take that as she thinks my tummy is really big) Are you going to help me when the baby comes?
Lily: (looks confused)
Me: Will you hold the baby and play with the baby?
Lily: Yes, I help the baby. I want baby come new house now.
I think it's safe to say that she is excited to be a big sister. I love the fact that we can actually have conversations now! It's so fun hearing all about what she thinks.
6 months ago

8 wonderful comments:
Awesome that Lily is excited! I am excited for you too! It will be wonderful...and busy...having two!
Ha ha ha, that's a very funny conversation. She is darling, kids can be so funny! I'm glad she's excited.
I am sorry that you're sick still. You're lucky to have Lily to take care of you and the baby when it comes.
SO cute!!!! I love it :)
So, sweet. I look forward to sharing a similar moment with Cameron. The pregnancy will seem super long because you are sick. I still could swear that I was pregnant for like 2 years because I was sick for so long. :) lol. Well you know how that old wives tale goes "The sicker you are the healthier the baby" Just keep telling yourself that, I did! :)
Tracy,
You get so many comments on your blog! I think that I've dropped the ball too many times and haven't updated and people have lost interest. I can't believe Lil' is talking to much. I can't wait to have conversations with her when we come to visit. 12 days and counting!!
What a sweet girl! It's so fun to hear what kids think about a new baby coming. I think girls especially understand and get really excited. Hope to be able to get together soon.
Oh, what a fun conversation. I think it is really sweet that Lily wants the baby now.
Hope you feel better soon. Lily is such a sweetie
Post a Comment