Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kids & Pictures

My baby is 8 months old! I just adore my kids. I would have never imagined being blessed with 2 such great kids. They are the best and I love them so much. Lily loves Harrison. I have enjoyed watching how much she loves to be around him and take care of him. Harrison lights up whenever Lily walks in the room. He loves when she is around. It's cute to see how fond they are of each other.





If you read our blog often you know how much I love taking pictures. Although I love taking pictures of my kids, I haven't yet been able to truly explore what I am most passionate about and that is nature. Long before I even got my fancy camera I have been looking at getting a macro lens. These lenses are very expensive and very popular. A good macro lens (at least the one I want) is over $1,000. With a lens like that you can take pictures of bugs and flower petals, etc. You don't even have to know anything about flowers, plants, or bugs to get an awesome picture of one. I have recently discovered that there are macro filters you can buy for much less. It doesn't do exactly what an actual macro lens can do, but it comes close. I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm excited to give it a try. Today I tested out my 18 - 135 mm lens to see just how close I could get. Definitely not nearly as close up as I would like, but it was fun playing around with my camera. As a kid I always loved playing with the bark on a tree. Now as an adult I love taking pictures of bark :) I love Spring for many reasons, one being all the beautiful, vibrant colors everywhere.


2 wonderful comments:

Shelly said...

Wow, I just got caught up on your life. Looks like you had a great trip to CA and the zip line was neat! Good luck on your garden. Ours is growing awesome! We already have radishes and tomatoes.

Season said...

These pictures are AWESOME! And I was just telling Tom the other day that I can't wait for the day when we have a house so I can have a garden. Fun fun! And P.S.—We must go toilet papering together sometime. I'm quite a master myself—from back in the day.