Monday, June 2, 2008

Tagged again and again and again!

I have been tagged a few times over the last month and haven't gotten around to doing any of them, so I am just going to pick one and count it for all the rest.

7 Things you may or may not know about me:

1. I am deathly afraid of spiders! If I see a spider before I go to bed at night or if I even think it's possible that there could be a spider anywhere around where I'm sleeping, I can't sleep! I think all spiders are poisonous and could kill me. Yes, this is ridiculous. Taggart has tried to tell me several times over the last 5 years that I need to just get over it, but I can't. However, I am very proud of myself that I have finally worked up the nerve to kill some of them (if no one else is around to do the job). I even go so far as to check under the covers before I get into bed every night to make sure there isn't one waiting with fangs ready to bite.

2. I sneeze about 20 times almost every night. My allergies started up when I was in high school and I've just dealt with it ever since. I have had allergy testing done but after 100 pricks in my back and tears flowing down my face I couldn't go on. They think I'm just allergic to different kinds of pollens and dust and of course cats. Anyway, I will finally see another specialist after I have this baby and get it all taken care of. I can't imagine a life with out a runny nose and sneezing!

3. Even though my stuffy nose keeps me from smelling a lot of the time I do have some favorite smells. I love the smell of the ocean and the beach. I enjoy the smell of a forest, one reason why I love to camp so much is because I love all of the smells, the campfire, the trees, etc. I think Yosemite is one of the greatest smelling places in the world :) Yes, when I camp I have to try my hardest to pretend like spiders don't exist to keep from getting freaked out. I love the smell of yummy, gooey cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. I also love the smell of rain and I love the smell of flowers. Okay, this one is kind of gross, but in the spirit of being honest and telling you things about myself just bare with me. I love the smell of taking a shower after spending a long day at the beach. I've been told that the smell is dead skin cells being washed off, who knows! I still love the smell of the beach being washed off in the shower.

4. I love to read. My favorite kinds of books are fantasy. I like reading about made up places and magical abilities.

5. I hate doing the dishes! There are usually always dishes in my sink. This is something that I would like to work on and become better at, I just hate it so much.

6. I hate wearing make-up. That doesn't mean that I don't wear it because on occasion I do. I wish we lived in a world that hair and make-up didn't matter as much as it does. I think that there is something very beautiful about getting older and wrinkle lines. I'll be totally honest, there are times that I feel better when I have make-up on and my hair done. I can see why it is so addicting. Maybe it just comes down to being lazy or that there are others ways I would rather spend my time in the morning. I hate standing in front of the mirror for very long. Anyway, I hope that doesn't offend anyone especially my cousin who does make-up for a living in L.A. You know I love you!!!! You can give me a make over anytime!!!

7. I love to eat! I will try almost anything from anywhere (except spicy because I have a bad reaction to it). I won't try body parts like tongue or brain and I won't eat bugs or raw eggs, but I definitely love trying new foods. One time in France I ordered a dish that I thought was chicken and when it came to the table I realized I was wrong. It was a pasta dish with a raw egg in the middle. I ate around the egg and it was pretty good. Some of the best food I have had was in Europe. I love experiencing different cultures through food. I have a friend from India that makes really great food and a friend from Ghana that has cooked for us before. I loved it! Then of course I have my American favorites, or maybe I should say food that has been Americanized.

So there you have it, 7 things you may or may not have known about me. Sorry if it was a little boring. I'm kind of a nerd and that may have shown through a little in my list. Maybe that should be #8, I'm a nerd!
I tag Shelly :)

2 wonderful comments:

Shelly and Ben said...

Dang, and I was doing so well about not being tagged.

Shelly and Ben said...

ooh ooh, you have two Shelly's on the list, you must have meant the other one!! Woohoo I'm off the hook!