I'm one of those parents who has a hard time letting go with some things. I prefer for Lily's clothes to stay dry and clean and I don't like to her play in places like the gutter. I threw all that out the window and let Lily get soaked. Sometimes I need to stop myself and remember that these are the fun moments when a kid can just be a kid. At first I didn't want Lily going near the gutter or the street, but after awhile I gave in and we floated her shoes down the gutter like little sail boats. It was a lot of fun!
6 months ago

8 wonderful comments:
I am the same way. I don't mind the clothes getting wet but I freak out over the whole "she might get sick, or even worse slip and hurt herself." Mike let's Cameron play in the rain. It doesn't rain here that much so maybe I should just let her be a kid and play in the rain. So, that being said, it is now nearly summer and rain hopefully won't be in the forecast for a while ;o)
SO great!!! I feel the same as you, but I too realize that sometimes getting wet and messy is just plain fun. Playdough and finger painting are right up there with puddle jumping for me. I'm not a neat freak by any means, but paint on the hands ends up in the eyes, the mouth, the hair...you get the gist. It's hard but letting go can be scary and a relief all at the same time. Splish, splash!!! xo
What's rain? we don't seem to get much of the wet stuff in these here parts! lol! That Lily is one cute kid!
I think all moms feel that way to a certain extent. I certainly did with Audrey. I used to freak out if Audrey got dirty. Then I had Marissa and I was more likely to let them get dirty. Now with Trent some days I'm just like "Go play in the dirt, it's good for you!" My kids new favorite place to play is the gutter of course. It's pretty gross since our gutter collects water and all kinds of tree debris, but they won't get hurt and something i just have to close my eyes and not watch.
Lily looks like she's having a great time! That's all that matters right? You are such a fun mom!
What fun! I am the same way...especially in winter when my kids what to get wet and cold, but I have to remind myself how much I enjoyed that stuff as a kid. Anyway, what adult doesn't need to get in touch with the child inside and go play in the rain!
Looks like a blast, what a fun mommy! I need to try and do that more... be brave and let them play!
I am sooo proud of you for letting her play in the rain. You are a great mom!
Post a Comment