That's right, Harrison is going green. We have started using the new gDiapers. I have been using them off and on for the last month. Yes, there are a few extra steps now in changing his diaper, but honestly it doesn't take that much longer. For those of you who don't know what the gDiaper is, it is a flushable diaper. 50 million disposable diapers enter the landfill EVERY DAY. Each one takes up to 500 years to biodegrade. These new diapers have an outer pant and you put the liner inside. When your baby goes to the bathroom you just take the dirty liner out and flush it down the toilet and put a new liner in the cute little outer pant thing that comes in lots of fun colors. If you aren't in a place where you can flush the diaper, that's okay because you can just throw it away and it will break down in 50 - 150 days or you can use it as compost. I plan on keeping a stash of regular diapers around for babysitters or for times when I'm being really lazy. Even though there are a few extra steps, it makes me feel good that we are doing something to help take care of our planet. I'll be honest, I'm not one of those people who always is thinking about how to take care of our planet, but for awhile now I've been wanting to do something to at least help. I feel like this is a good start. There are so many easy ways to help. I don't know how long we will be able to do the gDiapers because they do cost more than regular diapers, so when the time comes that we go back to regular diapers I will then try to find another way to do my part in cleaning up this place :) My mom is a huge supporter of the gDiaper and is the reason we are able to do it. Thanks Mom!
6 months ago

6 wonderful comments:
I looked into the gdiaper with Kendall but they were too expensive for us, and I when I read the reviews, there were lots of people who said there was a big problem with leaks when the baby does #2. I think I still would have done it if we could have afforded it though. It really does bother me what regular diapers do to our environment.
They are stylin diapers too!
He looks cute in his bright orange diaper. Flushable diapers are an awesome idea, it would sure make our trash can a lot less stinky too. :)
I am still feeling sick and taking the Zofran daily. I hope it goes away soon. I am 14 weeks and I do have a small baby bump. I will try to post a picture.
Cameron is so excited for Christmas. We decorated our tree last night and she was so proud when she was able to hang the ornaments all by herself.
I have been a little worried about #2 diapers, however, this morning Harrison had a huge one! It wasn't that bad. The liner got a little dirty, but surprisingly the pant didn't and it didn't leak out to his clothes. I'm sure just like his regular diapers he will have times that he explodes up his back and I have to hose him down :) So far we haven't experienced very many leaks, but that could always change and I can definitely see how more leaks could be possible with these diapers. I hate how expensive they are (thanks again to my mom). It bothers me too what regular diapers do to the environment. We can put a man on the moon, but we can't make a regular diaper that breaks down sooner than 500 years! Seems a little ridiculous to me.
Way to go!! I envy your effort to take care of our little planet, it definitely needs it. Keep up the good work :)
xo
Good for you. They are cute as well as green!
I'm so impressed. I'm completely non-green. I was using all-natural/non-chemical house cleaning products for a while, but due to our limited budget as of late, that is no longer happening. So I guess what I'm saying is . . . thanks for your example, Tracy. You're always trying to be better. Way to go!
Post a Comment