Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Miracle

I don't know how many people have actually seen pictures of Lily in the hospital, but my guess is not many. Here are just a few. Again, for those of you with a weak stomach you might want to look away. The first picture was taken just after surgery when we were finally allowed to see her. Her abdomen is incredibly swollen and there are many tubes and wires coming out of her chest. Her right arm is in pretty bad shape too. Then her lung collapsed and the next picture is of her recovering from that. She doesn't have the big oxygen tent around her head anymore, but she hated the CPAP (nose mask) that she had to wear for awhile. This is why I always get emotional when I go back to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. We went through so much and we are so grateful to them for all they did for us. ***If the slide show screen comes up just close it so you can see the pictures.

5 wonderful comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet baby. What a blessing that she is doing so well now, and that your next baby is healthy. You are such a fun mom, and I hope you're feeling well.

netcampbell said...

I don't know if I'm too emotional or not but the pictured really bring tear in my eyes. I also feel really grateful that Lilly is doing so well. She is such a sweetheart and you are such a wonderful mom ,Tracy. I'm very blessed to know your family.

Pahua Fam said...

Wow, what an incredible baby girl. Brought tears to my eyes. :)

Catherine said...

My goodness, what a trooper, you all are, and after all that, how far she's come! What a little miracle!

Crafty Momma said...

What a precious little angel! How heartbreaking it must have been to see her all hooked up like that! I'm even getting teary eyed! I've been watching a program an discovery Health about infertile couples and to watch them go through failed pregancy after another is so heartbreaking and to think that they would take a child in any circumstances just to be parents! I feel so truly blessed to have a child and a healthy one. Lily is doing fantastic! You would have never known. I am so glad your new addition is healthy thus far! I am so super, super excited for you both. Keep posting pictures of your growing belly! Love ya. Gina