So, how do you thank the people that helped save your child's life? I think the best way to say thank you is by making CUPCAKES :) On Lily's birthday every year it has become a tradition to take cupcakes to the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at Children's Hospital and to Lily's cardiologist and pediatrician. We moved Lily's appointment up because her cardiologist wanted to do a fetal echo on the baby so this way we could do it all at once. The baby's heart looks great. Even though Lily's birthday isn't until next month we decided to take cupcakes to save ourselves another trip. Lily and I got up early and baked almost 50 cupcakes. We had a blast! We got to see Esther, a nurse who was in surgery with Lily. Everyone at Children's knows and loves Esther. She kind of runs the place! And then of course we love to see Lily's cardiologist, Dr. Keri Dyer. Unfortunately, Lily needed to be placed on a 24 hour heart monitor, but not to worry everything looks fine (it's the second time she's had to wear one). Lily has what is called a junctional heart rhythm. In the simplest terms it just means her heart beats differently than a normal heart. In severe cases they use a pace maker to correct it, but Lily's is no where near that serious. They just need to monitor it from time to time. Anyway, here are pictures of a normal cardiology visit for Lily. She used to have so many visits to the cardiologist but now they feel she is ready to go only once a year. This is great news for us!! I recorded a little of her echo, but it might be too dark to see. The other video is of her cool heart monitor that she wore for 24 hours. She is such a pro! Last, I added a slide show of when Lily had her heart surgery. Just a warning, one of the pictures might be hard to look at. It's amazing to me how far Lily has come. She is such a strong kid. She is a the biggest blessing and we are so glad that she was able to pull through her very difficult start. I can't believe she is almost 3!!!
6 months ago

16 wonderful comments:
That's great to hear. It is such a blessing to have the technology we do today.
Such a wonderful miracle!!! Science is truly amazing.
xo
tag,
We found you through Your moms blog! What a cute, sweet girl you have! What are you guys up to these days??Im so glad we found you guys! Jade(nelson)
That is a very sweet tradition. I am sure that the staff at the hospital treasure Lily's visits.
Could that child be any cuter? Seriously! I want to eat her UP!!!
xoxo
Hi Tracy,
Thank you for posting this, I like the question you posted at the beggining, 'how do you thank the people who helped save your child's life?' We miss you guys and congrats.
Amanda and Kenji
Way to go Lily! You're a trooper of a girly girl. Even your daddy would be proud. :) I am glad that everything went okay.
Good Job Lily! We love you. You are a beautiful little miracle. Enjoy Madagascar, I still haven't seen it. :) Mia says Hi!
Sweet Lily! How are the stickies coming off? Any luck yet? She just seems like such a pro with this stuff, doesn't even faze her!
Sweet girl! You are truly blessed!
I am so glad the baby's heart looks good! What a scary thing you had to go through with Lily! She is such a cute little fighter! Hopefully a long distance relationship won't be a problem for she and Josh!
What a beautiful miracle Lilly is! That's a neat tradition, I bet the hospital staff really enjoys it. Such great news about your baby's heart!
Tracy, Lily really is an amzing girl probably becasue she has an amzing mom! ;) That's really all you can do to thank them. The doctors that save children like lily only care that the child leads a normal healthy life, that's all they could ask for! that's what make those doctors so amazing! I think is is very sweet and thoughtful of you to do that. I'm sure they love you1 ;) Tell Lily that Delia says Hi!
She is so beautiful, Tracy! And what a great tradition to start and a great way to teach Lily about gratitude. The cupcakes are darling, and the love behind them is even sweeter! Thanks for sharing your miracle with us.
Another thought . . . this is so strange, but I still remember taking you to the hospital to see the doctor when you first starting bleeding. Then I remember exactly what I was doing in my apartment the day you called me to tell me about Lily's heart. Your family has grown so much stronger from this experience, and I have seen your faith and testimony grow so much. Children are miracles anyway. But you and Tag get to see God's hand in your lives everyday. What an amazing blessing!
Lily is defintely a strong & beautiful girl. She is lucky to have such wonderful parents.
Post a Comment