Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentine's Day isn't really a holiday Tag and I get into, but I love making good food and Lily LOVES it. I made heart shaped waffles with strawberries, whipped cream, bacon, sausage, and orange juice. Yummy! Tonight we are having steaks. Any excuse to eat well! We got the kids balloons. Harrison thinks balloons are the greatest thing ever. He's been very busy all morning playing. I did put together a little present for Lily (a book and some stickers) and set it at the end of her bed, it was the first thing she saw this morning when she woke up - something my mom used to do for me when I was little. We also woke up to a beautiful white blanket of snow. I hope it sticks longer this time so that we have a chance to go out and play in it. Happy Valentine's Day.





The Pink Coat
My very talented mother in law made this beautiful coat for Lily.  People stop me wherever I go to tell me how great they think it is and are shocked when I proudly declare that my mother in law made it.  Thanks, Marilyn!  Lily loves it!  I call it her Harry Potter coat.  It kind of reminds me of his invisibility cloak even though she is far from invisible in it.  It's the greatest coat ever!!!  It was really bright outside today. I tried taking pictures, but Lily couldn't even open her eyes.  Thus the reason for the sunglasses.  









Photoshop/Mac/Nikon D80 question: I thought I wasn't keeping my camera in focus. The pictures of the park a few posts below were actually in focus, but when I posted them to the blog from photoshop they were blurry as I'm sure you can see. I thought it was just me and that they weren't as clear as I thought they were. However, I've noticed that it is happening all the time now. In photoshop my pictures will be sharp and clear, but when I save it and post it it becomes all blurry. What am I doing wrong? I've been shooting in RAW, is the file too big? I took some cute pictures of the kids and edited them just right, when I went to post them the pictures looked distorted. Hmmmm . . . any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time finding the answer online.  HELP!!!!!

8 wonderful comments:

Shelly said...

Sorry, I'm no help with photoshop. Your pictures look great to me! Love the coat, Lil.

Mad Hadder said...

Looks like she'll get another season out of that coat too! Thanks for the pics. I'm hungry for more!!!!

Tifani said...

Try this.....After you have edited your RAW file, save a copy just for your blog. Save it as a jpeg and reduce the size to about 600 pixels in width. The file will be too small for printing but perfect for the blog or any other social network and will keep its clarity.
Hope that is helpful. I haven't started shooting in RAW yet. So I don't know very much about it.
There is so much snow!!! AAAhhhh...I thought I would miss it, but I don't really. Truth is I was always scared of the stuff. I love your new header picture by the way!

Tracy Giles said...

Thanks, Tifani! I will give it a try.

Shelly said...

We haven't talked in awhile. Actually as of 1 1/2 weeks ago, Pete isn't nursing anymore and is sleeping through the night!! It came to a culmination of Pete just not wanting to nurse anymore and of Mom and Dad wanting him to sleep through the night. After all the discussion of how we are going to sleep him through the night, he did it all on his own, in his own time. It is wonderful to sleep the night without having to get up, FINALLY!!! Two weeks before he turns 1, and not a day sooner. I do have to wonder, though, that all his problems with reflux was probably his reaction to the dairy I was eating. I did not even think to cut that out of my diet. Happy Valentine's a day late ;o)

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures...love the coat!

Jessica said...

Cute waffles! You always do such fun stuff.
I've never had your blog/photoshop problem. My pictures brightness and hue will vary from computer to computer (has to do with the screen) but their clarity never has... seems really weird to me. I shoot in RAW, save them as jpgs in full size and haven't had any problems. I use Windows Live Writer to write blog posts, do you use blogger?

Season said...

Those waffles looks delicious! And not sure about the picture issue. Which pictures are blurry? They've all looked fine to me. But it's like I told you earlier, I'd check your resolution vs. pixels