Saturday, December 5, 2009

It doesn't feel like Christmas until . . .


Our house is filled with the sweet sent of fresh pine needles.  Last night we ventured out into the cold (around 20 degrees) in search of the perfect Christmas tree.  Lily saw one that she said she wanted, Tag pulled it out so we could get a better look. Sure enough it was a pretty good looking tree. Great job, Lily! We brought it home and started our tree trimming festivities. With John Denver and the Muppets singing Christmas songs as our background music, we put up the lights and then Lily did the honors of carefully hanging most of the ornaments. Harrison went to bed sometime in the middle of all of this. He was very excited to find a finished Christmas tree this morning. So far he hasn't pulled any of the ornaments off, but I'm sure there's still time for that.  Let's hope this year I don't kill our tree within the first week, wish me luck!


























Sorry that I always post tons of pictures!  I have a hard time picking just one or two!


Today we went to Borders for their Grinch-Fest Holiday Story Time!  The kids enjoyed hearing the story, making Grinch ornaments, drinking hot chocolate, and eating candy canes.  








8 wonderful comments:

Mad Hadder said...

Oh the fun!! I'm betting that tree will be alive and flexible when I meet it!!

Season said...

Cute tree! How fun to smell fresh pine! It's a beautiful thing.

Tom Giles said...

Harrison is such a stud.

Jessica said...

I am excited to come smell your tree! A favorite of mine for sure. It looks great!

Shelly said...

Very nice! I agree that the Christmas feel really isn't there until the tree is up. We have all our decorations up except for our tree and lights. I think we are going tonight for family night.

Nancy said...

We have a fake tree this year and I am loving not having to water it like crazy the first few days. I remember even wondering if I should get up in the middle of the night the first few nights so the tree wouldn't drink itself dry and then seal up so it couldn't drink anymore. I will miss the lovely pine smell, though. I admire your get-up-and-go to get outside the house and do things with the kids. I don't have much of that in me. It may have something to do with the fact that I am due in just over a month.
PS-thought you might be interested. Bradyn and I are going to start homeschooling Joshua. Long story. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. We don't have anything against his teacher or the school he is attending. They are remarkable and actually made the decision more difficult.

Mom said...

How fun and how cute the kids look! I miss all of you and can't wait to be in Colorado for Christmas! Harrison looks so grown up standing by the tree, a little man, and Miss Lily with her scarf tied is just adorable. Beautiful tree and I am sure it will survive this year. :)

Pahua Fam said...

The picture of the two of them inspecting the lights is adorable! I am off to look at our neighborhood Christmas lights, Cameron requests this little adventure every night before bath time. Enjoy your fun filled days before Christmas, I think the build up is much more fun than the actual day. :P