I hear Lily say funny things all the time. For journaling purposes I want to start writing down some of our conversations. Any post titled "Out of The Mouths of Babes" will be a conversation Lily had with someone. When Harrison starts talking he will be included in these. I'm going to go back and number all the posts that are conversations, so eventually they'll be numbered.
Lily has always been a pretty honest kid. If you ask her a question she'll tell you the truth. Yesterday, she lied to us about finishing her lunch. I sat her down and we talked about what it means to be honest. Today this happened:
Me - (asking from another room) Lily, are you eating your chicken?
Lily - Yes
Me - Are you almost finished?
Lily - Yes
Me - Are you being honest?
Lily - No
Well, at least she's learning to be honest about being honest. She had been playing with some toys while we were having this conversation. I redirected her back to the table and she finished her lunch.
I also thought this was funny:
Harrison - *cough, cough, cough*
Lily - Harrison, remember to cover your mouth when you cough!
6 months ago

5 wonderful comments:
Hear Lily girl is sick! That is no fun. You are all in our prayers.
I love that stage...it can be frustrating, but they say the funniest things! Hope all is going well and that everyone is getting better.
Lily is too cute! I hope she is feeling better..... Maybe someday you will get to leave your house again, Tracy! How will that feel???? :)
Lily's a sweetie, and so honest! I got my zoo pass today by the way, so give me a call anytime you want to go!
that is too funny! Lily is such a good kid though..she's not even a very good liar when she wants to be ;) sounds like she has great parents for teachers;)
Post a Comment