Well, here it is. My last post from Colorado. I have to be quick about this because Tag is patiently waiting to pack up the computer. Luckily, I was up late last night organizing my pictures, so hopefully I can get all caught up in record time.
I don't know how to express how much I'm going to miss Colorado, mostly because of the friends we've made along the way. We've been here for 8 years. All of our kids were born here. The friends we made here have impacted our lives in countless ways. It's been a tearful couple of weeks for me as I've started saying goodbye to so many people I love and adore.
This last year has definitely had it's ups and downs, one of the things that got me through it the most was my institute class. We studied the New Testament and I learned and grew so much during that time. Debbie Sessions taught the class. She was a friend of mine before, but we became even closer during the time we spent every tuesday morning. I loved this class and all the friends in it.
Thank you, Debbie! This class was incredible! 5/14/13
I took the kids rollerskating one night and Harrison LOVED it! He cried so hard when it was time to go. Who knew he'd take to it so much :) 5/16/13
Lucy turned 3! This little girl is so great.
There are so many thing about her that make us smile.
When you ask Lucy what she wants for dinner, she usually answers, "Peanuts!"
She loves to sing and dance and listen to music.
She bats her eyes and tilts her head, and says, "This is what girls do to boys."
She's always telling me and Tag that we are her best friends.
When she is happy it's the greatest thing in the world. When she's upset, watch out.
She's passionate about everything.
She always wants to help out, but if I don't do something the way she wants she's been known to throw a fit.
She loves to give out hugs and kisses.
She always wants to wear dresses because she thinks dresses make her a princess. If I have her wear leggings under then she says, "but I'm not a princess anymore!" Leggings don't go over very well with her.
She loves to curtsy and say good morning. Very proper :)
She's a little thing with a super big personality.
Lucy invited a few friends over for a tea party birthday. They drank lemonade, ate finger foods, and made flower hats. Lucy loves all things girly, so a tea party was perfect. 5/23/13
Lily had field day at her school. 5/24/13
Grammy and Grandpa came for a visit the weekend of Lucy and Grandpa's birthday. They were headed for a month long trip to Europe. We're so glad we got to spend a little time with them. 5/25/13
Lucy's actual birthday 5/26/13
Memorial Day with friends at Cherry Creek Reservoir 5/27/13.
The Secrists brought us out on their boat.
A few friends had a little going away party for me and a couple other friends who are also moving. I love these ladies and have learned so much from them. I will miss them more than I can say!! 5/29/13
Top Row: Janna, Becky, Kim, Jan (moving), Heather, Catherine, Jill, Beth
Bottom Row: Me, Colette (moving), Jessica (moving), and Lora
I went on the last field trip with Lily's class to the zoo. Lily has a friend who goes by the name p'nut. Not her real name, but that's what everyone (even the school) calls her. They were so fun together. 5/30/13
Harrison looks forward to going camping with Tag every year! I don't have any pictures of the actual campout, but here they are leaving for it. - 5/31/13
Lily finished her 2nd year of Girl Scouts. She is moving on from being a Daisy up to Brownies. 6/1/13
We went to the splash park for a friend's birthday party. 6/3/13
The kids asleep at my friend, Jan's house, so we could watch the Bachelorette together. 6/3/13
Lily's last day of 1st grade. 6/4/13
I had a big going away party for Lily at the park by our house. We invited the 1st graders from school. I thought we wouldn't have that many show up because the temperatures plummeted - it was sooooooo cold and rainy. It almost made me cry to see how many kids came out to say goodbye to her. She's such a sweet girl and she made a lot of really great friends. 6/5/13
We went hiking to one of our favorite spots in Castlewood Canyon. These are friends we've had since we moved here. Let's just say I cried really hard when it was time to say goodbye. 6/12/13
That night, my friends and I got together for a little going away party. We were up until 1:00 am and these are the kind of pictures you get when you stay up that late :) Again, I love these girls so much. They have made me a better person. I'm so blessed for having them as friends. 6/12/13
We went on a roller skating date night with another group of friends that we love to pieces. I'm really going to miss our Fox Hollow friends. They are so much fun! 6/15/13
I decided to take a much needed break from packing and moving stress. I took the kids to the zoo. This has been one of our favorite places to go. We had to go one last time. 6/18/13
I've been working with the young women at church for the last 5 years. We are moving so naturally I had to be released from my calling. I have never sobbed so hard when being released before. It was kind of funny. I love these girls more than they will ever know. These girls are just incredible! They came to clean my house. 6/18/13
Ice blocking!
My really good friend, Cris, lives just down the street from us. Lily and Lane were in kindergarten together. We love the Hutchesons and will miss them a lot! They have never been ice blocking before, so we introduced them to the sport :) It's hard to leave such good friends.
Lily and Ty have been friends since they were babies. I'm glad they stopped by to say goodbye.
Lily saying goodbye to her very good friend, Mary Jane. We love Mary!!
Here we are moments before getting in the car and starting our journey out to California. We feel so blessed to have lived in such a great place. I know I've said it a dozen times already, but we are going to miss Colorado!!
4 wonderful comments:
just so you know I am crying right now. Those pics of your last weeks in Colorado just did me in. I miss you so much but I am so glad to see and hear that you guys are so happy and loving California. Can't wait to come visit.
Well I think this whole post is just dumb.
Great post! I loved getting all caught up. I know you will miss your life and friends back in CO, but the state of CA really wanted you back!!! Now us girls need to take a road trip up for a visit :) XO
Good on you for having the presence of mind to post amidst all the moving fallderol! I'm usually a zombie at that point.
Post a Comment