Monday, May 13, 2013

Where has the time been going?

We've been so busy, I didn't even realize that we are halfway through May!  Before I get caught up on April, I should announce that Tag got a promotion at work and we are moving to Northern California. We are so excited about our new adventure.  We should be out there in June or July.

Lily's Girl Scout troop took a trip to the fire station and siblings were allowed to come along.  After that, they went to Village Inn for dinner.





Since Tag was out of town and my friend Laurel's husband travels all the time, we decided to have a sleepover.  My kids love when we do this.  These are the only kind of sleepovers they will have, the ones when I'm there too :) Laurel has the cutest twins.


Here are some pictures of the Little Hearts Luncheon and Fashion Show (Children's Hospital Fundraiser).  This was Lily's second year being asked to participate.  Dillards has the kids all pick out clothes for the show and they get to keep them.  Lily was so cute picking out her dress.  She made me sit outside the dressing room while she tried on her favorites.  She would come out and show me, just like on the bridal TV shows we like to watch.  Then, when she found the one she wanted she said, "Yes to the dress!"

My mom, Tag, and my good friend, Cris, came to the luncheon.  It's always so fun to see Lily walk the runway.




Esther was in surgery with Lily when she was a baby.   She would come out and give us updates on how everything was going.  We just love Esther!





Lily's Pediatric Cardiologist - Dr. Kerrie Villavicencio.  I don't think there is a better doctor out there.  She gives her cell number to all her patients.  She will stay and talk to you as long as you need.  She believes that the parents know best (a belief that Children's hospital stands behind).  For example, if I tell her something doesn't feel right, she charges into action to figure out what could be happening.  And she's not like this with just me, but with all her patients and that's why they honored her with a big award at the Luncheon.  I even have her home phone number.  There needs to be more doctors like her.  

Lily's heart surgeon - Dr. Max Mitchell  
He's just as good as Kerrie.  We are so lucky to have him!

Channel 9 News anchor, Kim Christiansen






One of the hardest things about leaving Colorado will be leaving the Children's Hospital.  I love how well they treat the patients and the parents.  I feel like they've listened to us every step of the way and have given us the best possible care.  Lily's doctors have treated her like she was one of their own children.  We have been so blessed!

Grandpa came for a quick visit because he was passing through town.  We always love to see him.

 Lily's best friend at school is Chloe.  I'm going to have to get a better picture of them, but here they are playing Just Dance on the Wii.  You might notice that Harrison is once again wearing his spiderman costume.  He wears it ALL THE TIME  :)

The Dentist.  I'm not quite sure what to say.  My kids fight over who gets to go first.  They get so excited for the dentist.  We go every 6 months and they talk about it the week before and the week after.  You would think they were going to see Santa, but no, they just love the dentist that much.  This was actually Lucy's first time in the chair.  She was absolutely thrilled.  These kids are just too funny!











I turned 34 in April and my good friends took me out for lunch and dinner!  I'm so lucky to have such great friends.  I did forget my camera so unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

Today is Mother's Day and Lily spoiled me with lots of crafts that she made at school.  She's just the sweetest little thing ever!  She made me a book and two of the pages made me laugh so hard.


According to this, I'm good at sleeping and drinking!  To clarify, I have a green drink (kale, cucumbers, spinach, celery, broccoli, blueberries, apple, lemon, and chia seeds) several times a week for breakfast.  She thinks I'm pretty good at drinking it because it's huge and smells bad (to her).  I'm strict on bedtimes.  I also don't allow them to get up too early.  If they get up and it's still dark they get sent back to bed.  I'm always telling them I'm a better mommy when I've had a good nights sleep.  Somehow all of that translated into, my favorite sport is sleeping and I'm good at drinking.  I'm glad her teacher knows me well enough to know that she doesn't need to call child protective services on me.  I got such a kick out of it.  I just love her pieces!!!

Other things she said about me:  I like to exercise, my favorite food is salad, my favorite color is sea blue, and we like to watch the show Cupcakes Wars together.  All true.  She knows me well.

I hope everyone had a very happy Mother's Day!

2 wonderful comments:

liz said...

i love it!....not the moving part at the beginning, but the rest of the post. You can tell how healthy you have been the last few months from lilly's answers.

Kristen said...

That is great for Tag, but not great for us. :( We haven't gotten to see you guys since we've been here. I know you will be really busy but we would LOVE to come visit you sometime! I will give you my email and phone # so give us a call or send me a message so we can work something out!
Lily is such a beautiful girl! I loved her and Harrison's answers about you! So funny and cute!