I finally finished my first blog book - it took forever. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I've already started working on the next one, and I keep wishing I had written more. Not necessarily about anything in particular, just more about our daily lives and the little details that will be easy to forget years from now. I thought I would write a few of the things going on in our lives for the sake of keeping my family history up to date.
Lily
- She graduated from Preschool last week. I can't believe she will be 6 at the end of the summer and heading into Kindergarten. Teacher Lori was so much fun, we will miss her.
- She started taking piano lessons. It is so fun watching her practice everyday. I love seeing her get excited about it. She just learned to play her very first song. We also are very interested in getting her violin lessons - I guess we'll see how this goes.
- She loves riding her bike up and down the street with some of the kids in our neighborhood.
- Lily loves to quiz me on my numbers 1-100. Since she's such a pro at numbers, I guess she feels like I could probably use a little help - she's probably right.
- I love seeing how her writing has gone from squiggly lines to actual words. She loves writing me notes. It's so fun watching her sound out a word to figure out how to spell it. For example, she wrote this on a paper the other day "Pegl", what she was trying to write was "Pickle". Isn't that cute!
- I love that she still sleeps with her stuffed kitty.
- I think the boy across the street has a little crush on Lily, but she hasn't even noticed him and prefers to play with his little sister - so cute.
- We bought a trampoline for the backyard and Lily has been working on front flips. She really enjoys being outside jumping around. I love that she'll try anything.
- She loves being in the kitchen with me. I wouldn't be surprised if she grew up to be a chef.
- She loves to swim in the pool. She could spend all day there.
Harrison
- POTTY TRAINED! That's right. He is potty trained and lovin' it. We started about a month ago and the first few days were a little rocky. Then, I learned that I needed to change my game plan. I went to Walmart and bought him a potty in the shape of a frog, put it in the backyard, gave Harrison a box of popsicles to keep him entertained, and the rest is history. Before you start sending me hate mail, I assure you I've had my fair share of accidents and cleanups, but for the most part he was ready to be done with diapers. He loves wearing underwear and he feels like such a big boy now.
- Harrison can often be heard roaming the house belting, "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me."
- He still loves to dress up as Peter Pan or Superman. I'm constantly being told, "MOM, watch me fly!" He then proceeds to run as fast as he can with his little arms stretched out in front of himself in true Superman/ Peter Pan fashion, around the house. Definitely on the top of my list of things that make me smile.
- Anything Lily does, he wants to do too. He will cry if Lily doesn't want to play with him. He loves being around her.
- Every morning he wants oatmeal for breakfast. This has been going on for quite sometime.
- He also loves being in the water. Whether it's the pool or the bath, he loves to get wet.
- I love that he still sleeps with his favorite puppy every night.
- Harrison has been learning to ride a tricycle. He tries hard to keep up with Lily. He'll eventually get there.
- The same week Harrison turned two he memorized all his colors and shapes, now because Lily is always talking about letters and numbers he's trying to be like her. Numbers and letters are a little harder, but he loves counting and reciting his alphabet - even if he doesn't quite understand what it all means yet. It's so nice when there is an older sibling to help teach the younger ones.
- He won't go to bed at night without singing some of his favorite songs: Small World, Yo Ho, Twinkle Twinkle, Popcorn, I Love To See The Temple, I Am A Child Of God, Itsy Bitsy Spider, the list goes on. He doesn't just want me or Tag to sing them, but he wants to sing all the lyrics as well.
Lucy
- Almost weaned! It should be official in the next day or two. She has done surprisingly well with it.
- She has one (very crooked) tooth and several more on the way. Not. Fun. At. All. I feel bad for the poor girl.
- She walks everywhere now. She's also become a big fan of the stairs, which is giving me gray hair.
- She has decided that she absolutely hates getting her diaper changed. She will try her hardest to get away from me.
- She LOVES the pool. I took her swimming on Saturday and she was very content in her little floatation device for almost an hour.
- She went from being a super fast eater to a super slow eater. It used to take her a few minutes to eat, but now she will sit in the highchair for 30 minutes and eat whatever is put on the tray. No complaints here - I love a good eater.
- She still puts things in her mouth, but it's not as bad as it used to be. Huge sigh of relief. I had to watch her like a hawk.
- We just started working on sign language. She signed 'more' yesterday.
- She weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds on her first birthday. I guess I just have small kids.
- Her Aunt Season got her started on blowing kisses, I've been trying to keep it up. She's getting there.
Pictures
The first few are of Lily's performance as Old Mother Hubbard for her final school play.
This was her reaction when she spotted Tag.
The kids at the pool. We are so excited for summer.
(Lucy has her pacifier in her mouth because she kept trying to drink the water)
Last, but certainly not least, a picture of froggy potty.

6 wonderful comments:
This whole post makes me smile. Your kids are incredibly lucky to have you as their mother. You are an extraordinary woman.
LOVE all the updates friend! Miss you guys!! ps. secret....Lisa is pregnant!!!! Woohooooooooo!
Wonderful updates! No matter how busy you are you manage to keep your blog going...thanks!
You rock Miss Tracy!!!!!
Lily makes such a great Old Mother Hubbard. What cute kids you have!
I LOVE Lily's shrug to the dog when she finds out that it's bare! It's like, "Oh well. Deal with it." Great post!!!
OMG!!! I know Lori!!! What the? When I worked at the registration office at BYU she was one of the supervisors! She had just had a baby girl and then I got married! What a small world she would end up in Denver and be lily's teacher!! If you ever see her again, ask her if she remembers me and tell her I say hi! Wow, I can't believe Lily will be 6!! and harrison is getting so big too!
Post a Comment