Sunday, January 30, 2011

Atchoo!

Lots of sneezing and coughing in the Giles house.  Lucy and Harrison have it the worst.  Poor little Lucy Claire looks like death.  Combine droopy eyes with a runny nose, then throw in a phlegm rattling cough and you get a sweet baby girl that looks like this -

The cough in action - 


Despite his non stop coughing, Harrison hasn't been slowed down by his grapple with this cold.  I couldn't even get him to sit still for a picture.

In other news, Lily has been wearing an ECAT for a couple of weeks now and has a couple more to go. 
I know I've said this to a few friends, but I'm very proud of her.  I'm not exaggerating at all when I say she has not complained one single time.  This monitor is somewhat of a pain.  She smiles everyday about having to wear it and she just goes with the flow.  She has to cart around a bulky cell phone with it because the ECAT transmits information through the cell phone to the company that is monitoring her.    Kind of crazy. Anyway, my mom has made a few requests to see a picture of her wearing it, so here she is - 

I've caught a bug too, but not the kind my kids have - a crafty one!  My very talented friend, Ali, inspired me to make a chalkboard.  Don't look too close because it still needs about two more coats of paint.  I found this mirror at Target for $4.99, and my friend, Beth, had a can of chalkboard paint she said I could use (don't worry I'll give it back to you soon).  I love that the frame almost matches my new mixer.  The color green makes me happy.  If I'm not careful our entire house might end up with green accents.  If you are looking for fun ideas, please check out Ali's site!  www.mythirdtruelove.blogspot.com


6 wonderful comments:

Ali Richardson said...

Thanks for the plug Tracy! You're sweet (& your chalkboard looks GREAT). XOXO

Season said...

Aw poor Lucy. Clara's been in the exact same boat. She's been miserable! Hope everyone gets feeling well soon!

Ryan & Keri said...

Tracy, I hope everyone gets well soon! Your kiddies are so big! And I'm glad to hear that you had such wonderful holidays. I LAUGHED so loud when I read the post about Elizabeth. I can't believe how girly Lily is already. And YAY for you on your craftiness. BTW, your kids look like a GAP ad from your Idaho trip. They're so cute!!!

Marlise said...

Those are the SADDEST pictures of Lucy...breaks my heart. But so cute of Lily--she's such a trooper, and so responsible. I love it!

Mom said...

Awwww, poor Lucy, she looks so sick. I wish I was there to hold her. Thanks for posting a picture of Lily. I am so proud of Lily and you! You are both pretty amazing! I hope you all feel better soon. I love ya!

Pahua Fam said...

Sweet girl, she looks so sad :( I hope they get better soon. AND, may I say that Lily looks like such a big girl these days. SO cute and such a good sport! Get well soon xo