Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cardiology Update

Lily had some more tests run and few things showed up that have the doctors a little concerned.  Nothing life threatening . . . at this point.  Please don't worry, my mom and I do enough of that for everyone.  She's going to be placed on a 30 day event monitor (starting at the beginning of January).  They just need to get a better look at things before making any bigger decisions.  Or hopefully, test results will show that she's actually fine and nothing further needs to be done.  I wasn't going to write a post about this, but I thought it might be a good way to ask for any extra prayers on Lily's behalf.  If you happen to visit a temple near you anytime soon, maybe you could put Lily's name on the prayer roll too.  Or however you pray or meditate - we would be grateful if you kept Lily in mind.  I actually think Lily will be fine.  I have felt at peace about it - even with the doctors concerns.

standard EKG test
 Her favorite part is getting to peel off the stickers
 One of the ultra sound techs gave her this panda bear for being such a good sport.

Many of you might remember this post about Lily not wanting to wear her holter monitor to school.  This time she couldn't wait to show it off to her friends and do another class presentation about the heart.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed talking to all the kids about the heart and what we can do to keep it healthy.   Lily loved it and couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.  Her favorite part was getting to tell her classmates how fast she can run to keep her heart healthy by exercising.  Very cute.

6 wonderful comments:

Season said...

Lily is such a trooper! We'll keep her in our prayers for sure. Can't wait to see you all!

Shelly said...

You go, Lil. You're my hero. I think I can't wait to see my cute little nieces and nephews more than anyone!!!

Shelly said...

oops, make that nephew.

Jessica said...

We will certainly be keeping Lily in our prayers! Thanks for the update. I was crying until I read that you feel good about it, that makes me feel a lot better. :)

Pahua Fam said...

Cameron will happily place a prayer request in her classroom prayer box at school. Lily you are such a brave girl, we send you a giant band-aid for your heart to make it all better really soon! :)

Crafty Momma said...

We will def. keep lily in our prayers! I hope everything is going to be okay. she is so cute!!