Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm Throwing In The Towel!

I give up! We have been keeping a secret for the last month that I can no longer keep quiet. Surprise, baby #3 due June 3rd! I am so incredibly sick, more sick than I was with both Lily and Harrison. I really wanted to keep this a secret for at least one more month, but yesterday I went to a movie with a some friends and the kids and basically bolted out of there after the movie ended to make it home to get sick. I thought, "This is totally ridiculous!" There is no way I can keep running from my friends for another month trying to hide that I'm pregnant. I gave it a great try though. We only told very few people. We are incredibly happy and very surprised at the same time. This baby was not planned, but we are excited and we feel very blessed that we get to have another baby.

 I found out I was pregnant at only 2 1/2 weeks (plug for dollar store pregnancy tests)!  Yikes, that makes for a very long pregnancy though. That puts me at 7 weeks tomorrow. It's crazy that I have already known for a month but I'm only 7 weeks along.  I have yet to make it to a due date. Both Lily and Harrison came early so I'll be ready near the end of May (Lily 5 days early and Harrison 2 weeks early). Yes, I do know that babies come when they are ready.  I know several people who have gone way passed their due date.  Thankfully, both of my babies have been ready before the due date:)  I'm hoping to continue that pattern, but the baby will come when it's ready.

Having the Swine Flu and morning sickness was not fun!!! That was another reason I wanted to keep it quiet. We all know how dangerous the flu can be to someone who is pregnant. I wanted to make sure that both me and the baby pulled through okay before we made an announcement. I had an ultrasound and everything looks fine. We could even see the heartbeat.  Hopefully there won't be any complications.

I don't want to go anywhere or do anything.  One reason being that I'm sick of throwing up in my car, or at the grocery store, or in a parking lot.  You get the idea.  I hope it doesn't sound like I'm not happy because I really am, I'm just so sick and I spend most of my time lately with my head in the toilet.  I've started cleaning my bathrooms a lot more.

Anyway, that is our big news!  Yippee for baby #3!  We feel very blessed!


20 wonderful comments:

Taggart said...

WWWHAAAT!!!

netcampbell said...

I just have to laugh at Taggart's comment. How exciting!!!! Congratulations! We will need to have a party! I hope you are doing better soon.

Shelly said...

Good the cat's out of the bag! Gosh I was starting to turn blue, holding my breath, not saying anything :o)

Pahua Fam said...

Congrats! Bring on the Zofran :)

Ali Richardson said...

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congrats, that's SO great!!! I've always said, if you make good ones, you may as well have a dozen!!! Ha ha. Baby #3 will be just as beautiful and perfect as the first two!! XOXO
(feel better, that's awful that you feel so yucky).
XO

Crafty Momma said...

I felt the same way with this one. Although it was planned, it happened the first try..! I am so sorry you have been super sick...and with the swine flu, I told you that I got the regular flu with delia when I was about 8-9 weeks along, it's horrible!! I got the flu shot this year and hopefully plan on getting the swine flu one when it is available, just to be on the safe side! I was thinking wouldn't it be awesome to be pregnant at the same time...and we are, except this time I am due before you1 ;) now we will have 2 babes with close bithdays and 1 the sam age!! Yippee. I am so excited to be able to deliver at the durango, co hospital, our insurance covers it!! It is only 3 years old and very nice. I have heard nothing but good about it. The one here in farmington, has got a really bad rap and of late women have been getting Staph infections..sheesh. The nurses and doctors are so nice and I feel so comfortable going there. Even though it's about a 50 min drive, it will be so worht it. Funny because 2 of my friends are due around the same day as me and are also going there. After talking to the nurse she said that they will not let me go over my due date. They say it's too risky and couldn't believe how I was treated at UofC (about when I could have my baby)especially because Delia was 9 lbs. They will take good care of me. :D BIG SMILES!! Well, congrats! and I hope you feel better. Get a baby ticker up! ;)

Season said...

Tag—You're such a copycat. :) WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I'm SORRY you're so sick though. Wouldn't it be great if we were neighbors? Then we could keep each other company...staying in our pj's all day and wasting the time away on our couches. Watching Lifetime—or something corny like that. *sigh* Congratulations again!!

Dan & Misty said...

Congratulations!
With love,
Dan & Misty Reisman

Mad Hadder said...

Thumbs up from this grandma! Wish I were there to hunker down with you in front of the TV in our jammies. It will all pass. Hang in there. Surely doctors can prescribe some anti-nausea stuff, can't they???? One of our local doctors showed up at parent/teacher/conference last night with a surgical mask on and informed a teacher he had swine flu. Idiot???????? He says next week we'll be inundated with it. Joy.

jaredelizabeth said...

YAY!!!! Of all the people to announce a new baby I wasn't expecting it to be you, and I couldn't be more excited!!! I love it when babies are not planned; it's such a fun surprise. Plus you guys have such amazing and beautiful kids that who wouldn't be excited that another one is coming. Wow, this makes my day! Congrats and I really hope you start feeling better soon....get some drugs girl!

Catherine said...

I had a feeling by the sound of your message last night - and too funny from my comment on Sunday! It's like I subconsciously knew!!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys! And I can't wait to see if it'll be a boy or girl...And I'll be wanting to watch your kids a lot so you can do your sickness thing!

Melanie said...

Wow! Congrats Tag and Tracy! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you.

The Allens said...

Congrats! I was not expecting an announcement like this...what a great surprise! Hope you get feeling better soon. By the way, I love your fall background...so cute!

Dan and Sharon said...

way to go, doing the Lords work, just remember that when you rush of to the toilet to chuck up you breakfast.

Unknown said...

Congrats Tracy!! I hope you feel better soon!

Larsen Family said...

Congratulations you too! I am so excited for you both. I'm sorry you are sick...it sounds miserable. You bring back memories of throwing up in my car... things I don't want to remember. But it is all worth it in the end! Good luck!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! You sure make cute babies; I can't wait to see the next one!

Tifani said...

That is awesome! Congratulations to you both.

Jessica said...

Congrats!! Now I am even more excited to see you Saturday, I hope you're feeling better.

tracie said...

Oooh, how exciting!!! Congrats to all!!!