9 women and 17 kids in 2 cabins for 3 days. An equation for disaster or oodles and oodles of fun?? If you guessed OODLES AND OODLES OF FUN, you are right! My friend Jessica had a family reunion in Estes Park and her family wasn't going to use their cabins the last few days so Jessica was able to invite us all up. It was the perfect girls trip! I had such a blast with all of my girlfriends and their kids. I have awesome friends who are great parents and we all had a wonderful time together. It was so fun having "girl time" for 3 days. It was also nice having so many cameras around because I was able to get lots of pictures with me and kids. It was also nice being around so many talented photographers because I came away with a few more tips. I'm still waiting to get some pictures from a few more people, but I thought I should get started before I get too far behind again. I'm not editing any of the photos because I don't have time and I don't know much about editing anyway. I hardly ever edit. It rained a little while we were there and the temperatures took quite a dip, but we still managed to have fun outdoors. Thanks Jessica, Susan, Monae, Emily, Liz, Net, Leslie, and Marie! We had a great time!
The cabins


Lily was very excited to be there to say the least.
We went and walked around town after most of our friends arrived. Watching Lily with Mason made me think I was looking at the 17 year old version of her. Don't they look like they are on a date? YIKES!!
After we put the kids to bed we had fun talking, laughing and painting nails!
The next day we went hiking. Even though it was fairly chilly, the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves. The view was spectacular. I think the fog made for some gorgeous pictures. I can't keep straight which pictures came from which people, sorry if I don't give you credit for your picture. 




That night we had a dance party. It looks like it was more for the kids, but it was really for the adults. I borrowed a fog machine from a friend which the kids went nuts over. Lily LOVES to dance!! She was cracking me up with her awesome dance skills :)
Before heading back home on our last day, we went back into Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a warm, beautiful day. Perfect for the kids to run around and play.
6 months ago

9 wonderful comments:
Oh my gosh, How Fun!!!
Aww, this totally makes me miss some of the ladies from the old ward. How fun to get together for girl time and how brave to bring the kids along :)
Thanks for coming, taking great pictures, and brining so much fun stuff for us to do! You and your kids are always such a joy.
ugggg.....I need to do my post but I can't decide which pictures to use. There are too many good ones.
what a week for good memories.....minus the sleepless craziness of course....but then again, what is a girls weekend without sleepless nights?
we are leaving this friday, so let me know if you guys get word on a new job since I won't be around to hear the news in person. good luck!
That looks like SO MUCH FUN!! What a gorgeous place to be, too! Glad you had such a great time!
You are brave, taking all these adventures with two kids and no husband along to help! Beautiful pics, as usual ;)
Wow, that looks like it was so much fun! What a great bunch of girls! By the way, I think you are a great photographer and I love looking at all your pictures. It helps that your cute family is so photogenic!
GREAT pics and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love Estes--it's so beautiful! And scary about the tornado. We had tornado weather on our trek and it literally went right around our path. Scary to have it that close to home. Glad you guys are having so much fun.
All the fun seems to happen when I move away! Fun, Fun, Fun. I really need something like that...it just doesn't seem to happen out here. That picture of Lily and Mason is so cute! I love the one with all of your painted toes! Those pictures look awesome and the scenery, beautiful!
Post a Comment