We spent most of June packing for our big move to California, then less than a month later (after trying to unpack) packed our bags for a 2 1/2 week trip. We just got home two days ago and now school starts tomorrow. It was over in the blink of an eye. Before I start blogging about our summer vacation, here is a picture of our new house just after the sod was laid.
In the last 2 1/2 weeks the kids and I drove about 2,000 miles in one rather large circle (or whatever shape you want to call that).
Off to Bear Lake, Idaho to spend time with Tag's family. When we planned this trip Tag had every intention of coming. Because of his new position at work he had to stay behind :( We missed him! This next picture came with almost a heart attack. I was in the house doing something and looked out the window to see the kids trying to feed the alpacas. I freaked out and ran out there to get them. I've seen those alpacas roughhouse and it can get nasty. My mother in law assured me they were fine out there, so I grabbed my camera to snap a quick picture. What happened next is unexplainable. I told the kids the quickly get out of the pen and this series of pictures occurred. I swear they did this on their own.
Seriously. They started dancing and were completely in sync with each other. I'm so confused. When did they practice that? Why did they feel the best time to show that to me was when I was trying to get them out of reach of the alpacas. Why is Harrison so good at that? I'm not sure these questions will ever be answered.
Anyway, we had the privilege of being on the maiden voyage of Grammy and Grampy's new boat. We got to go out a couple of times and had so much fun!
I got to check whitewater rafting off my bucket list! I've traveled down small rapids in an inner tube before, definitely a story for another time, but this was the real deal. I went with Tag's uncle, John Taggart, and Season and Tom. It just so happened to be Season's 29th birthday. It was a great group to go rafting with!
While we were rafting, the kids were having fun with Grammy. She walked them down the road to see puppies and calves.
Driving around on the electric car
Grammy and Lily put on a very fun tea party for some of the kids in the area.
We spent a good amount of time helping Grammy set up her classroom for her very last year of teaching. She is going to teach 5th graders then retire. It was fun and memorable getting to help her do it for the very last time. The kids took the boxes and built a cool fort in the hall while we organized.
I wanted to visit the gravesite of Tag's grandparents. We never got to meet them and I'm certain we would have loved them!

The kids with their great uncle, John. We are so glad that we got to spend so much time with him.
My very good friends, the McNeils, drove through Bear Lake on their way back to Denver from Utah. We got to meet up for Raspberry shakes. It made me miss Colorado so much! I'm glad I got to see them, but I now I miss them even more.
I left Idaho and headed for SLC. I got to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in 12 years, Yvette. I met her when I lived in Iowa for a very short time. It was so great meeting up with her and her family. Definitely won't wait another 12 years to see her again.
The kids and I got to help my niece, Maren, celebrate her 1st birthday! As always, we had a great time with Tom and Season and their kids.
Before heading down to Las Vegas to finally meet up with Tag, the kids and I went up to Park City to see my old friends Erica and Cole. I haven't seen them in 10 years, so it was fun catching up. Just down the street from Erica is Michael Jordan's house. She had some fun stories.
Michael Jordan's house
Getting a few snacks for the trip to Vegas - the best part was the kids each got their own shopping cart. They keep asking when we get to go grocery shopping in Park City again.
You always want your kids to inherit your best qualities or genes. Unfortunately, I really think Harrison got my ugly sleeper gene. Eyes and mouth open. Sorry, Harrison. However, he still looks cute - me . . . not so much.
Las Vegas! We stayed with my brother and his wife. By the end of the trip I was slowly forgetting to take pictures. I got a few. We went to see my grandfather who has lived a lot longer than we expected. I did get teared up this time because I have a feeling it might be the last. I love my grandfather. I know he didn't remember who I was this time, but it was still fun to see him and he seemed happy to see us - even if he didn't know who we were.
My cousin had triplets! I've been dying to see them. They are so sweet and cute!
Tag met us in Vegas for his 10 year marine corps reunion. It's been 10 years since he got back from Iraq. It was so fun getting to see some of his marine brothers. We had a great time. It was also our 10 year anniversary. My mom watched the kids one night so we could stay at the hotel that the reunion was at.
Tag has more pictures of that night on his phone, I'll add them later.
I'm very lucky to have an incredible husband. It's crazy to think it's already been 10 years. I look forward to another 10. Happy Anniversary, Tag. I love you!
That is pretty much our summer in one post. Still miss Denver . . . a lot :)












2 wonderful comments:
Looks like a wonderful trip!!! So many fun memories were made I'm sure. Happy anniversary :) My 10 year is on 8/23 :) XO
Such great pictures!! It was fun to look over these and reminisce! Can't wait to see you guys AGAIN in a few weeks!
Post a Comment