We love going to the zoo during the summer.
Camping with friends is always a summer must! Here are the kids enjoying yummy, gooey s'mores in beautiful Estes Park. I actually think Lucy is just eating a bar of chocolate. A girl after my own heart.
Lily cliff jumping!
Lucy relaxing :)
Our friend, Steve, has a boat that you can surf behind. You don't even have to hold a rope, the current just pulls you along. He's so good at it, he had the kids join him on the board.
Lily's first day of 1st grade!!
Harrison and Lucy trying their hardest to pull Lily upstairs to bed. Such good helpers.
Lily lost her first tooth! She told me that night, "I hope the Tooth Fairy brings me chocolate gold coins." Ummm . . . to my surprise the tooth fairy actually had some. Now that's lucky!!
Lily turned 7! She spends all year planning her birthday parties, so there is a lot of build up to her big day. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with Whooping Cough the week of her birthday. It's been sweeping through Colorado and Lily catches everything, so naturally she got it. THANK GOODNESS she was vaccinated for it. As a result, she got only a very mild case of it, which is not the case for a lot of kids who are passing it around who haven't been vaccinated. I could write a big long post about everything we had to go through because of this. I'm not going to though. It wore me out the first time around and I just want to put it behind me.
Anyway, sweet Lily had to spend her actual birthday at home watching movies because she had to be on the z-pack for 5 days and her birthday was the 5th day. I pulled together a little birthday party for her the next week. The highlight, however, was when her 3 close friends, Jackson, Lane, and George crashed the party with silly string!
Here's her actual birthday. She's been asking for glasses. I went to Claire's to see if they had fake glasses and to my surprise they had an entire display of them. The sales lady told me they are quite the trend. How on earth does my 7 year old know what's trendy??
I know I've talked about her expensive taste in food (steak, lobster, crab, etc.), but here's just another example of how she likes good food. Her birthday dinner request was raclette. If you aren't familiar with it, it's gourmet cheeses, steak, shrimp, and a variety of vegetables that you grill, then melt the cheese over it on a special raclette grill. That's my girl :)
Her very favorite cake is lemon cake, just like her Uncle Jesse :)
Setting up the cupcake decorating station for her birthday party.
Some of Lily's friends from school.
Lucy got a really bad diaper rash, so she got to sit in the sink with a little baking soda while I cleaned up the party. She thought it was a lot of fun.
I think that is most of August. When you are a super lazy blogger, like me, you tend to forget things. Now I just need to start on September and maybe even get caught up!




3 wonderful comments:
Great Post! I love seeing all the recent pictures of the kids! They are so darn cute!! Thanks as always for posting pictures no matter how long it takes. You're a good mama!
Lily cliff diving, oh my!!!! I think my heart skipped a beat.
Love it! Looks like August was a fabulous month. Happy 7th Birthday Lily and congrats on the first tooth! I can't believe Lily can already check cliff jumping off her list. wow! I will have to show Cameron. xo
Happy School Year!
Post a Comment