I love crayons. I love fun colors. I love this art project that I came across on my new favorite blog. This made for a very fun birthday craft for Lily.
Supplies: canvas, lots of crayons, hot glue gun, hairdryer
Carefully picking the order they want the crayons to go in
Hot glue the crayons to the top of the canvas. Then, use the hairdryer (on hot) to make the crayons melt down.
I know, right! Coolest thing ever. Here's the link. You're welcome :)
Seriously though, if you want to make one I would go to the site for better detailed instructions.
Tomorrow we are going to try out her colored rice and make the homemade gummy worms. I'm almost giddy. Shelly S., thanks for introducing me to the site :)

6 wonderful comments:
That art looks so fun!
All your summer pictures makes me want to rewind the last 3 months and do it all over again.
where does all the extra wax go???? over the sides and onto.......
i love to idea so much, i am just scared it's going to get messy. does it?
It's a little messy - only because it splatters a tiny bit. Honestly, the clean up is minimal. There isn't any extra wax. You don't melt the entire crayon. I melt it until it runs to the bottom, then I stop. It dries almost immediately. Super easy. The kids thought this was the best craft we've ever done and it even could be considered a science experiment too.
Hi Tracy,
Sorry it has been so long! I have fallen off the face of the blogger world for a bit and after seeing all your family posts I feel guilty that I let mine down :( Happy Birthday Lily! I knew that it was at the end of this month but totally forgot to get a package in the mail to you. Good luck in Kindergarten Cameron starts next week too. XOXO, miss you all!
Hi Tracy, the PhotoAttached comment is from me, Heidi xo
I love this!!! I've seen this on a few other blogs too :)
xo
Post a Comment