Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet Blessings

My friend lost her little girl today to a year long battle with leukemia.  It really makes you stop and think about what's important.  I sat and watched my children play together today: laughing, smiling, and even a little bickering every now and then, but I'm still grateful for all of it.  I love how Harrison is so sweet and sensitive.  He just wants to get along with everyone.  If he does something wrong he says in the sweetest voice ever, "Please don't be mad at me, Mom."  It melts my heart.  Who could stay mad at that?  Not me.  He's so funny too.  I love that he's a total goof ball.
I love how Lily loves to be in a good mood.  She's hardly ever in a bad mood.  She loves to laugh and be tickled.  It doesn't take very much to make her smile.  If she seems sad or down all I have to do is tell her I love her, play a game with her, tickle her, or just give her a little bit of positive attention and she is right back on track.
Lucy is very much like Lily in so many ways, and being happy is one of them.  You just look at Lucy and give her a little bit of attention and she will give you a grin that could melt your heart.  She loves to have someone playing with her.  Harrison is always trying to get her to laugh, which she loves.  Lily is always taking care of her.  She wants to help her with everything.  It's so sweet.  Lucy is very curious and out to discover the world.  I hope she keeps that sense of adventure for many, many years.  In fact, all three kids are like that and I hope they stay that way.  
If I had a genie in a bottle I would ask to have my kids stay like this for another year.  I love the stages they are at.  It all seems to be going by so fast.  Today was a firm reminder that you never know when you might lose someone you love and adore.  I believe 100% that families are eternal and while tragic things may happen here, there will come a day when we are reunited and get to be together for all eternity.  I love my family so much. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have them.

Here is one of my funnys having a little private time.  Too bad he doesn't know that his private time is being posted on the blog.  I love that he went and got some mail to read while he did his business.  As weird as this might sound, it's moments like this that make me realize how much I love being a mom.

I'm so impressed that he's already starting to think about his financial future.  That is a credit card application he pulled out of the mail.  Very interesting.

And no one in our house reads while sitting on the pot, so I have no clue where he got that from.

4 wonderful comments:

Tifani said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That is horrible. Thank goodness we have the gospel!!! I'll say a prayer for her and her family. Thank you for your post and all of your positive words.

Season said...

What a sweet post, although I'm so sorry for your friend! What a difficult thing to go through. That picture of Harrison is one you'll be able to show all his dates in later years.

Kara said...

Heartbreaking! So sorry for your friend :(

Ryan & Keri said...

Tracy, what a sweet and heartwrenching post. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, and how much that makes me want to go smooch each of mine. Our time really does fly . . . and fast in fleeting moments. Your kiddies are getting so big. They're beautiful and darling. You got some great shots of them at the temple, and the ones of them on the beach. And YAY for getaways. So glad you guys could have a night away with just the two of you. It really does help you to appreciate each other and remember why you got married in the first place, but them remember why you love your little ones at home. Good for you guys! Anyway, hope all is well.