Thursday, September 6, 2007

Camping

We took Lily on her first real camping trip over Labor Day. She had such a good time. I thought that getting her to sleep in a tent was going to be really difficult, but Tag and I let her stay up until she could no longer keep her eyes open and what do you know, she slept all through the night. Tag had the brillant idea of tying a glow stick around her neck, like a necklace, so we could see where she was in the dark. It was awesome. Tag and Jared made a zip line between two trees for everyone to play on. There were some pretty funny moments as the adults tested it out to make sure it was safe for the kids. Let's just say it's a good thing the guys tried first! We also went canoeing. Those pictures are stuck in my phone. It's nice to have good friends that we can get together with. The little boy in the pictures below with Lily is her friend Mason. Is it too early for her to have a crush? She loves to play with him. They ran around together the whole time. It was pretty cute. Thanks Pat and Susan for taking us to this great campsite.


2 wonderful comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

I'm so glad you got a few pictures of our trip. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to steel/copy the one of Lily and Mason off your blog to put on mine if you don't mind. I showed Mason and he got so excited when he saw Lily. He even said her name, which is a big deal for us since he doesn't know many words to begin with(he can't even say his own name)...the crush might just be mutual!

Jessica said...

Glad that the camping trip went went for you guys. The zip line looks like so much fun...