We have had such a fun summer! My friend Melissa who lives next door is a lawyer and works for a law firm in DC. She needed to go to her firm this week and invited me to come along. She works a block away from the White House. It was very convenient being so close to all of the historical tourist spots. I did lots of sightseeing with Lily and Melissa's daughter Lucie. The last time I visited our nation's capitol I was in the 7th grade, so it was fun to go back as an adult. I really love the east coast, although I can definitely live without the humidity. It was so hot and sticky the whole time. The highlight of the trip was seeing Andy Roddick and the Bryan Brothers play in the Legg Mason Tournament. We sat in box seats right up front. The first night we saw Andy Roddick play. It was a little stressful because we had the girls with us and were doing everything we could to keep them quiet. They did really well and we had a great time. The next night we got a sitter and went to the tournament with some of Melissa's friends from work. We forgot to take pictures of Andy Roddick, but we got some great pictures of Bob and Mike Bryan. I didn't take very many pictures on the trip but here are a few.
The White House
Dwight D Eisnehower Building/ The old executive offices of the White House
The Capitol Building
Lily and Lucie at the National Museum of Natural History
Legg Mason Tennis Classic - Bob and Mike Bryan . . . . Am I such a dork for posting these pictures?! I am going to answer my own question by saying. . . Yes!
These pictures were taken on the roof of Melissa's office. You can see the Washington Monument and the White House in the background.
Lucie and Lily relaxing at The Marriott
6 months ago

3 wonderful comments:
How lucky you are! What a fun summer! Lily is growing up so fast. It would have been a blast watching the tennis match...I am a huge fan! I bet it was so hard keeping the girls quiet...how did you do it? We missed doing all of the touristy things out on the east coast while we were in Ohio. We'll have to get out to the capitol some day...
One word: Jealous. Looks like a fabulous trip and IT WAS FREE. How great is that! You deserve it. Later.
So you go to DC and don't even let us know, So sad. Looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment