Sunday, September 22, 2013

You're starting to grow mold you're so old.

Before I get to Lily's birthday, this dinner was too good not to post.  Gluten free pancakes with strawberries.  The kids devoured them, and maybe I did too.



Lily's teacher asked for healthy treats for classroom birthday celebrations.  I completely agree.  There are so many birthdays a year, I can see why cupcakes and donuts would drive her nuts.  I had fun searching the web for yummy treats and came up with this.
Fruit Skewers and Popcorn bags

What can I say about Lily.  She's just amazing.  There is a sweetness to her that is hard to describe.  She cares about everyone.  She loves to be happy.  Giving her a little attention always goes a long way.  Lily is quick to offer help and pays attention to the needs around her.  She loves school, learning, reading, art, music and so many other things.  She's not scared to try new things, but I love that if she doesn't want to do something she's not afraid to speak up and say no. She's not easily swayed by her peers.   She has expensive taste in food. She just started taking swim lessons and is doing really well.  I adore this easy going girl.  I hit the jack pot.  Happy 8th birthday, Lily!

My kids love parties.  To help Lily get to know some of the kids at school we decided to invite her class over for a pool birthday party. It turned out to be a big success.  It was fun getting to know some of the kids and parents.








Birthday dinner: mini artichokes, ribeye steak, sautéed mushrooms, mint chocolate chip ice-cream.


1 wonderful comments:

Pahua Fam said...

I can't believe how big all our kids are getting. My, we are getting old, lol! You guys look like you are having the best time in your new neighborhood.