Tuesday, May 22, 2012

April Fun

April was a great month for us.  All the fun started on April Fool's.

We went to a friend's house for dinner.  There was a twist though.  We had to draw a number that matched a brown sack.  In that brown sack were the items we had to use to eat our dinner.  It was was very fun.  The kids have asked several times since if we could do that again :)





Mother Goose on The Loose
Lily's school did a fun Mother Goose program.  Lily was Little Bo Peep, along with a few other girls.  I thought the Humpy Dumpty costumes were very clever!  The last picture is of Lily with two of her best friends, Lane and Jackson.



Harrison's Big Boy Bed.
If you read last month's post, the girls got bunk beds.  Which means Harrison got to move up to a big bed.  He loves sharks and thanks to Pottery Barn we got some fun bedding, they have a great selection.  I'm kind of obsessed with PB.  Again, my favorite is the embroidered pillow.




Heart Institute Fundraiser - Children's Hospital - April 13, 2012
Lily was asked to participate in the big annual fundraiser for the Children's Hospital.  It was a fashion show at the Air and Space Museum.  They let all the participants pick out a new outfit at Dillard's.  Then, the day of the show they had a hairstylist do their hair.  Very chic.  I let Lily try on any dress she wanted, which totaled about 17 dresses.  I thought for sure she would pick out the biggest sparkliest dress she could.  She surprised me with her very hip black and white dress.  When they asked her how she wanted her done, she told them she wanted exactly 12 braids.  Funny girl :)






 Lily's cardiologist and surgeon.





Little Lucy
This girl is a ball of fun.  She's filled with lots of energy and loves to test her limits.  At church she started singing Winnie the Pooh at the top of her lungs during the sacrament.  Except she says it, "E - Ah - Pooh, E - Ah - Pooh!"  The other morning she climbed into bed with us and started playing the harmonica.  Why do I even set an alarm?  She's talking so much now and I just wanted to jot down a few of my favorite words that she says:
frog - bog
game - mame
duck - quack quack
Mickey Mouse - quack quack (I guess she thinks he's a duck)
eat - EAT!
cereal - ya yo
Lily - Lala
pacifier - wababa
blanket - bankie
cold - coke
up please - upees
there it is - ere is
where did it go - ere go
monkey - e - ah - ah
feet - peet
Her vocabulary is becoming quite extensive, but my favorites are always the ones they say wrong!

Spring :)
We are having the best spring weather.  The kids enjoy putting the sprinkler under the trampoline and bouncing.  Side note - the trampoline is one of the best purchases we've ever made.






I didn't realize how many fundraisers there are in a school year!  We went to the Hoedown fundraiser and played lots of games, danced, and enjoyed being in costume.



The kids enjoying more of our great weather.  They put up the "kid tent" in the backyard and played with two of their favorite pals, kitty and puppy.  Lily and Harrison are so good at playing together.  They really do love to spend time with each other.

April came and went pretty quick.  I even turned 33!  We spent a lot of time outdoors, which I love.  I'm excited for summer to come :) Happy April!

5 wonderful comments:

Kara said...

I agree, trampolines are the best. The best money spent on a toy ever by far. Miss you guys!

Ali Richardson said...

LOVE all these pics!!!

Season said...

You guys are total party animals! :) I had a trampoline growing up. I have the BEST memories on that thing. Love love loved it.

Pahua Fam said...

I hope you got my birthday email! Looks like you all are having a blast. I can't believe Cameron will be a first grader in a couple weeks! It goes too fast. Hope to see you all this summer! xo

Leslie & Matt said...

Wow, April was a fun month for you! I love the April Fools idea and think I will adopt it and add it to our April Fools traditions!