When I was a child, my brother and I used to fight over the funny pages. To us they were the funny pages, but they might be better known as the comics from the newspaper. I don't know where the term funny pages derived from, but it stuck with us. The newspaper would arrive on the doorstep and we would race to get it. Sometimes Jesse would even hide the comics from me if he got to them first.
The other day while I was doing the dishes I was thinking about the funny pages. I often try to go to a happy place when doing the dishes. I truly detest that chore and daydreaming seems to help pass the time. It got me thinking about the simple joys that occur during childhood. I started to reflect about the things that make me happy now, and I came to realize that I still have the funny pages, just in a different form. I don't think there is anything funnier than little kids. Not just my little kids, but I think in general most children are pretty knee slapping hilarious. I have been brought to tears countless times because of the silly things my darling little offspring do. The things they say and do can be so side splitting funny. If I were artistically talented like my brother-in-law Tom, or my sister-in-law Season, I would develop a comic strip around my three little funnys!
6 months ago





10 wonderful comments:
I haven't thought about the funny pages in forever. And yes, you are not the only one that called them the funny pages. Was there a title on the page that read funny pages? LOL! I loved that page too. My favorite part was the picture where you had to find all the random objects hidden within. I love the picture of Lily with the leopard.
That comment above was me ;) Heidi
I'm suspecting that leopard would have taken Lily right into the "pride"? had the glass not been in the way! Need more pictures!!! Lucy is getting so grown up!!! Boo hoo!! Harrison is a good sport.
We always called them the funny pages too! :) Cute post!
The funny pages were the only thing I read out of the newspaper as a kid; still is. Cute pictures.
love that last picture. It is a little creepy, but very cool.
Funny kids. Love the pictures!
Harrison cracks me up. And tell Lucy that Clara says hello! We miss you guys. Moab??
Hi,
I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?
Thanks,
Kathleen
Such cute kids, Tracy! Glad to see you are all better and out and about again. I really miss the zoo, I think we might make a special trip over to visit soon. I'll let you know if we come!
P.S. I know what you mean about getting old. When I went dancing with my friends in Vegas, I thought my feet were going to fall off at the end of the night. Not to mention that I peed my pants when I did a little jumping fist pump action. So sad.
Post a Comment