We drove out to Idaho to spend a long weekend with family and to get a family photo. We also got to feed the llamas, ride snowmobiles, and go on a horse drawn sleigh/ wagon ride. Thanks, Marilyn and Jerry for having us and putting such a huge effort into planning fun things for us to do!
Side Note - this post had a mind of its own. It would change the font, underline things, and move pictures around all by itself. It won't let me change it back either. Weird.
I thought about cropping out the horse's backside, but I think it really adds to the picture :)
Snowmobiles!!
| Uncle Tom taking Lily for a wild ride! |
Sweet, sweet Clara. I love the tears streaming down her face!
Feeding the Llamas . . .
Warming up by the fire.
THE FAMILY PHOTOS
I think this is the best picture out of all of 'em.


Grandpa and Harrison. Harrison is quite fond of him.
I think this is the best picture out of all of 'em.
Grandpa and Harrison. Harrison is quite fond of him.
Definitely not the best picture of us, but since we have very few it will have to do. Just for the record, it bugs me when photographers shoot up at their subjects. It's not the most flattering angle - unless you like double chins.
This picture just shows what a fiasco it can be having pictures taken of children.
The road home!!

5 wonderful comments:
Apparently your blog wouldn't allow comments on until evening either! Weird. So, I guess every family has a token "horse's patoot"--in or out of the photo. I love this post! Don't be surprised if I pirate like crazy. Never got your final opinion on the picture disk we sent. Hmmmmm...do tell.
That pic of Tom, Tag and Dave makes me laugh. Anyway, glad to get a sneak peek of the family photos. Not sure about the coloring??? But oh well, the lighting stunk. I hope you guys had a nice Christmas! And oh yeah, we didn't get a picture of Clara with Santa either. WHAT on earth was I thinking??
Hi Tracy, Merry Christmas friend! Looks like you guys had a great time in the snow (looks super cold too, but that's just from a CA wimp). Love and miss you!!! I can't believe how big Lucy is getting! Time flies! xo
The coloring in these photos are really terrible. The originals were pretty bad and the black and white didn't look good either. I guess it just goes to show that not all professional photographers are good. We will definitely have to try again another year and hire someone else. So sad!
I love the photos of the kids with the llamas! SO, I got the same super fancy camera as you. Nikon D5000, right? Send me an email with all your little tricks that you have figured out so far, PLEASE! I have a lot of reading to do but it has been fun just fooling around with the settings.
XO, Happy New Year!
Post a Comment