Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trying To Stay Afloat!

I have no clue how people with 3 or more kids are able to keep their blogs updated.  I think my days of weekly blog posts might be over - at least for a little while.  I wanted to sit down and do a cute Lucy update with fun pictures, talk about Harrison and how he makes me want to laugh and cry all within seconds, and how Lily is still the sweetest kid ever.  Now that I'm sitting down at the computer to do all of this, I just want to go to bed.  I checked one blog of a high school friend whose sister is getting married soon.  I looked at the pictures, posted a comment, and that is about as much computer time I can handle.  Here is the quick update:
Lucy sleeps . . . a lot.  Some nights she sleeps 10 hours, am I lucky or what??!!
Lucy smiles . . . a lot.  Every time we talk to her she grins from ear to ear.
Harrison is into everything.  I'm pretty sure he swallowed a penny last night.  I've had a grand time going through his poop looking for it.  This is what I mean by laugh and cry.  
Harrison is thinking about auditioning for "So You Think You Can Dance".  His dancing does somewhat resemble the moves of a sumo wrestler, however, he's pretty proud of himself and loves to put on a show.
Lily can hardly stand the fact that she's about to be 5.  It's all she can talk about these days.
Other big Lily news is that she is reading like a pro.  She just decided she wanted to learn, so we spent some time working on it and now she's reading by herself.  I'm a very proud mom.
Tag and I are thinking about taking a dance class together.  Swing?  Ballroom?  We'll see.

Okay, now I've really been on the computer much longer than I wanted to be.  If you have a blog and you feel like I've neglected reading it, please forgive me. I love reading blogs, but I haven't been able to find a lot of time to spend on the computer and when I do get a couple of minutes, I usually skip leaving a comment so that I can get to more blogs.  I'm sure everyone understands this.  Now I'm really off to bed!  Thanks for checking in with us.  All is well in our neck of the woods.

5 wonderful comments:

Mom said...

Swing, swing swing. Lauren says swing. The girls are over and we just read your blog. Thanks for the update we all loved it.
I enjoy reading your blog! You're a good writer. Love you.

Season said...

Yes, get to bed. Always a number one priority for me as well. :) I love your blog! Even if you don't have the time to post as often as you'd like.

Lisa @ Turning Tables said...

:) Thank you for your sweet comment on Ali's blog!! I am very excited! Your 3 kiddos are adorable and they are lucky to have such an amazing mom! Have a happy day!

-lisa

Mad Hadder said...

I've been away from my computer attending a gifted and talented conference. Yay for Lily!!!!! Can she read those books we bought? Maybe we need to get Harrison some tap shoes! Lucy knows that sleeping makes baby girls more beautiful!!!

Pahua Fam said...

I can only imagine how busy you are. I have a feeling that Christian and Harrison will have many things in common. I can't believe Lily is turning 5, and I'm still in shock that my little girl is 4!